The CHEAPNESS of Yonex Tour Bag 9826AI (SP) / Upgrade Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by !¿Clue?!, May 1, 2010.

1. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

And yes i'm emphasizing cheapness, I was pretty excited when receiving this bag in the mail yesterday. But to my surprise, the bag is really cheap material wise. I was adjusting my straps as it was too long and when I tried it on, I heard a rip where the straps connect:eek:
    So beware to all people who are buying this bag, this could happen to you. I'm not so sure about the JP version, maybe that version has better materials thus the higher price? Could be wrong.
    [​IMG]

Now I'm considering buying the Yonex 7926 and my question is if anyone owns this bag, have you had any rips/tears anywhere inside/outside of the bag. I'm talking about where the straps connect. I know it's not the best looking bag and all, but I just want a bag that won't break on me and I don't have to shell out another $40-$60 on another cheap material bag.

Thanks

#1 !¿Clue?!, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Had bad experience with SP versions of yonex bags. Can Yonex Canada carry the International versions?

3. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

there are many people on this forum that swear by the sp bags
    there are definitely some noticeable improvements in build
    you can find most of the differences through a simple search
    i personally use an SP bag
    yonex 8926, to my knowledge the build should be similar to last year's equivalent of 7926
    i've had it for about 3 months now with pretty heavy use
    no problems at all
    soo maybe the problem is only from that one bag?

also, where did you buy the bag?
    i've been trying to hunt down a deal on the AI bag

4. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=731
    It's $40 US. But you also have to include postage which is another $20 or $25, because according to Winston (The owner of the shop) the bag is labelled as bulk hence the postage charge. All his products are Yonex legit & when you drop him an E-mail he will usually respond between 1-2 days depending.

5. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I also have an SP vers of the 6-racket AI bag. I've tossed it around, tugged at it, stuffed it overfull, etc and no problems. I just need to figure out how to clean it because white gets quite dirty very quickly.

Have you tried to claim warranty? I think this falls under "Manufacturing defect"

6. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Maybe but not sure. Too much just to package and send it off. Am going to be a new bag anyway. I'll just try and sew it with some blue string, and sell it to my friend for $20:D

7. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Haha I see. I'm buying the RSL Explorer 3 Tour bag, if you like, I'll give you an update on the material quality if you wish.

Zelm bags are also very high quality, it feels much stronger than my AI bag, which is why I use it more now.

8. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I already placed my order on the Yonex 7926 Black.:)

9. mayouno

mayouno Regular Member

I got the black one as well, not the best (to date) that I ever had but cost effectiveness-wise, it will do:). I don't get it sometimes when some of the fabric materials woven into it contains RipStop technology (they don't seem to mention RipStop at all):confused:.

10. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I (still) have my Yonex 9829pro. I tore the divider between the 2 main compartments near the handle on the 3rd use. My own fault since I probably overloaded the bag -- I stuffed my macbook air in there.

I continued to use it for a short while but packed it away after I got my APACS bag (and later ZELM). Both the ZELM and APACS are much much better built.