Hi-Qua Red

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Pre-emptive, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

Can someone give me some feedbacks on the Hi-Qua Red? How does this compare with other high quality shuttles like YangYang 300B, Tronex gold, Victor Champion and Yonex As-40? My limited experiences with Hi-Qua Blue give me the impression that it is not a very durable shuttle. Is the Red similar? Thanks for the input.

2. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    hi qua red can't be compared to an aerosansa 40 or tronex gold which are more superior in quality. it is definitely better than hi qua blue and aerosansa 10.

3. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    the red is almost the same thing as the blue, a little more durable but that's just a matter of opinion really. Stick to Hi-qua blue, it's decent shuttle for the price and if you don't mind spending some more money, get the better stuff from other brands like victor champion and the higher up yonex aerosensa's, hi-qua red is not worth the price.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally I don't have experience with HiQua Red.

However, I heard someone from my club used to tell me that Aeroplane (not sure which model) and Yangyang 300B are both more durable than HiQua Red, and cheaper.

5. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    a lot of ppl use aeroplane shuttles at one of the clubs i play at and I don't see what's so special about it. We use about 2-3 shuttles per game so that isn't too durable in my mind. also i don't think the shuttle is consistent at all, once any of the feathers gets damaged, the shuttle tends to spin a lot and the bird flies like dead-weight in the sky.

6. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

Thanks for the feedbacks. While the Hi-Qua Blue does not have the best flight pattern, my complaints are mostly on its durability. If red is not much better than the blue I think I will just pass on them. I am considering the other shuttles like Victor Champion and Trump T-101. My last purchase of the Victor Champion was just ok. It was more durable than Hi-Qua Blue but less than Yang Yang 300B. The feather doesn't look as neat as other shuttles of the same grade. I have great expectation on the Trump shuttles. The T-101 is IBF approved international tournament grade just like the Victor Champion. My last experience with their T-202 was very impressive. The T-101 is the top model and I am expecting a better performance from this shuttle. Do you guys have any experience with Trump shuttles? I am buying for a big group, so I am a bit cautious on the purchase.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I am not sure. Last time, I saw them using Aeroplane in my club, and the bird last pretty long for competitive doubles. The Aeroplanes they used are imported from China, with chinese characters here and there, and the model # seems different from the ones from US market.

Anyway, they did recommend this to me, and my friends got 6 tubes for me on his trip back to china. I will try it out, and maybe submit a review something later.

BTW, I think the model is something like "G202".

8. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    same one we use here LB, I guess maybe we are just hacks that kill shuttles. :D

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Hmmm...

I am going to get my 6 tubes today or tomorrow. Maybe I will bring 1 tube over, and try out the "fresh import" ones... :(

10. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    sounds good, just wondering, do you hydrate the birds before you play with them? you should since the humidity and climate condition here is obviously drastically different from Asia. :D

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Generally, I "steam" my shuttles by putting them (with in the tube) in bathroom, when I was taking a shower about 1 wk prior I use them. After this, the durability for the shuttle will increase a little bit.

However, since I won't get Aeroplane earlier than tonight, not sure if I can ever apply this, before I am coming.

BTW, weather report says, "few snow shower" on fri. Hopefully, it won't affect our plan. I just hate icy road.

12. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    ic ic, well if it gets too rough just forget it, no need travelling that far in dangerous road condition unless you really wanna play baddy that bad. :D