Stringer damage?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by peenuts, May 5, 2010.

1. peenuts

peenuts Regular Member

hey guys,

I just received my new racket. There are some marks on the racket and i was wondering if its the result of the stringing job?

Attached Files:

2. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

Ouch the grommets are coming out
    and yea the marks are probably from the stringer
    you should take it back for a restring to make sure the grommets don't pop out like that

3. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

/\ - the stringer should have ensure the grommets were fully embedded before finally tensionning them.

The marks are suspicious as well but hard to prove

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The first pic, looks like the stringer accidently nicked the racket with an awl's tip.

5. druss

druss Regular Member

Personally, I find it hard to believe that the first and third pictures are from the stringer. There is absolutely no reason to be using an awl (or any other tools) on a non-shared main string that does not have a knot on it.

The first picture just looks like a bad paint job. The third looks like the damage might have been done before it was painted as something like that should have scratched the paint as well.

The second picture seems just careless but... The grommets on an 8DX just seemed higher than all the other rackets I've strung and had a tendency to do just that if I wasn't careful. It's like when I tensioned it the high walls of the grommet bent over and wanted to pull the grommet out of the hole a little.

With all that said they could still be stringer error but I just wanted to point out what else it could be since most of the guys here will probably say stringer error.

6. peenuts

peenuts Regular Member

The racket is brand new and strung at only 25lbs or probably less.
    If the damage was not from the stringer than it is quite disappointing coming out of an arc Z.
    Personally i think my at900t has a better paint job than the Z.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Use both of your thumbs to push the pop-up grommet back into the frame.

Without actually seeing the rackets, I would say that the marks on the frame are just marks. Did the marks appear after you bought the rackets to your stringer?

8. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

agree with Druss, #5 above. also, the tip of awl is normally "fatter" on the tip, and will cause the dent on the first picture much wider.

for the 2nd picture, looks like the stringer changed the grommets, but didn't push them in completely before stringing. should point them out to the stringer, and they should replace them, and preferrably re-string the racket for you.