Stringing with Gosen BS806 ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by atj_w, Jan 11, 2003.

1. atj_w

atj_w Regular Member

Hi everyone, I need some advice from users of this string - Gosen BioGut Bio Roots BS806.

I normally string with YY BG85 at 23x24lbs. Based on this ref, what tension should I string the BS806 at? The BS806's gauge is 0.72mm while the BG85 is 0.67mm

I recently just strung another racket with YY BG80 at 24x25lbs to test if I could handle that tension, just played a single session and it felt about the same as the BG85, maybe lesser feel to BG85. Hmm... I guess I am not experience enough to tell the difference.

Will BS806 be too hard or soft as compared to BG85 if strung at 23x24lbs?

Some of you may say 'just try and see', however I like to try 'saving' some money if I don't need to experiment too many times. :) Thanks for any tips.
    James

2. iyang

iyang Regular Member

I would say string it as 2 or 3 pound less, since that string is very very stiff.
    I didn't like the string much since I didn't get much power of it and when I hit the birdie it has a very hard feeling to it, I strung it at 25 pound on my MP100. Plus didn't like the Jade Green color too much either :)

3. atj_w

atj_w Regular Member

Thanks iyang, for the tip. When you say 'hard', is it like BG68ti ?

I didn't realise it was Jade Green color until u mentioned it. :)

4. Traum

Traum Regular Member

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd mention that in Canada at least, Gosen's BioGut BioRoots comes in two flavours, the BS-808 BioRoots 70 (21GA / 0.70mm) and the slightly thinner BS-807 BioRoots 68 (22GA / 0.68mm). I find that these two strings are both fairly soft and offer a lot of tactile feedback upon hitting the shuttle. However, they don't seem to tolerate tensions higher than 25lbs all that well at all.

-Rick

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well I haven't been on for sometime(over 1/2 year!) so I'm surprized that there is a new Gosen already! =) From what I've experience that the Gosen B505 is equivalent to the BG-80, except you to put around 1/4 to 3/4 pound higher since Gosen stretches a bit more but it will help out to compensate.

Hope this helps

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This string is stoo stiff and breaks easily if its tensioned at 29lbs. But i think its durable under 25lbs. Not much feel and not much power. Repulsion not so good as well.

7. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Hey ants. Are you talking about the BS-806 here or the newer BS-807 and BS-808? Cuz I find that with the newer models (esp with the thinner gauge BS-807), both feel and repulsion are awesome. Then again, I'm only stringing them at around 24lbs or so.

-Rick