Badminton Books

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wildstyler, Jan 12, 2003.

1. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    Hi to all!

A thought that just came across my mind is that which badminton book is the best? I know it's hard to say because everyone has their kind of opinion. But there must be a book or two that have basically everything you need, from the beginning of holding your racket to advanced skills (tactics). There's one book my friend said was very good, I believe it's in the FAQ section of the forum, but it only gives a rough line of what it's about, though it has some information from every chapter of the book. Is it that one? (Because I'm not sure) Ohh.. ya, and he said it was only sold in Malaysia and you can't buy it anywhere else (which really sucks). Anyone have it?
    What baddy books are good? I've read a few myself, but haven't touched any ever since the beginning of badminton, since I wanted to improve from the beginning.

Wildstyler

2. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Well, I've read 'Basics Skills of Badminton' by Han Jian. It's good....in my opinion, that is.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    The books listed in the FAQ are good books.

Jake Downey has just made his third book Excelling at Badminton available on his site which is an excellent book for all players and coaches, http://allmy.sytes.net:2778/chapters.cfm?bookid=26

Check that one out as it provides a framework for improvement and you supplement that book with either his "Winning Doubles" or "Winning Singles" books (depending on which event you wishes to specialize in.

Other books available includes:

Badminton - Skills of the Game by Mark Golds
    Skills of the Game: Badminton by Peter Roper

4. ljq

ljq Regular Member

Wow! I just visited 3 days ago, there was still only 2 books. To think that the 3rd book is there!

Thanks!

Anyway, the book i like most is Winning in badminton doubles. It has helped me a lot.

5. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    To Winex West Can: I've tried to read the Singles and Doubles, but unfortunately I'm using 56k so the pace of loading is just not good, that's all I can say. I was wondering if you recommend it, and maybe give a brief description of basically what it is about and what it covers, if you don't mind.

Thanks
    Wildstyler