Inconsistency of reporting on World Badminton Online website

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by rejang, Jan 13, 2003.

1. rejang

rejang Regular Member

DId anyone notice the above? I noticed that the website is incredibly inconsistent in its reporting frequency and timelines of Open events.
    eg. It reported the China Open for a few nights, then skipped the semi-final day and reported the final days' proceeding a couple of days after it ended (though it list the date as the of reporting as the end date of the Open).
    Similarly the just concluded Thai open. It reported every day on the proceedings till and including the quarter-final stage. Then mysteriously the reports for the next couple of days never appeared. The event finished yesterday and there is no report as at today. I bet a "final" report will be on the site in a few days' time dated yesterday.
    However it does not seem to suffer the same lapse when come to reporting Europena events. In fact, in the recently completed Copenhagen Masters, it even have a "Memoris of.." article a day or 2 after its completion. Different treatment for different......continents??

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Yes, it is annoying, but not surprising, considering the limited resources and that Raphael who writes and photographs just about everything on WorldBadminton lives in France...

3. rejang

rejang Regular Member

I wonder if the writer is on a voluntary basis? I am sure some of us can help if the events are held in our own backyard.

4. Raphy

Raphy Regular Member

Inconsistency on reports on Worldbadmitnon

Hi everyone...

As Mag mentionned, I do live in France; However, i believe I cover the events the same, no matter where they're held in.

I can not attend all tournaments - as you mentionned, IBF has restricted budget - and those where there isn't a journalist, then the articles come in later. In some cases, the federations do not send the results to the IBF until very late, which makes it hard for the IBF press officer to publish an article.

Give credit to the IBF staff, who are doing a really big amount of different tasks and still find the time to put on articles about the events ;-)