3U Racket Availability in SE Asia

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Zhi, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Zhi

Zhi Regular Member

Student
    For those rackets which have 2U and 3U versions, are the 3U versions available in SE Asia? in Particular Malaysia?

My sis just went to Pertama Complex and the owner of Racketworld said that 3U rackets were not available in SE Asia..... is this true?

I find it hard to believe seeing as Malaysia and SE Asia are prolly the biggest markets for rackets around the world...... So if no 3U rackets are available from there..... then where?

I wanted a Cab20Muscle 3U....

thanks
    Z

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it is also hard to find 3U mp99 SP in SE asia

3. jcb

jcb Regular Member

I bought my two Cab20MS JP 3U directly from Japan.

I however saw some Cab20MS SP 3U for sale here in Manila, Philippines at Planet Sports for around PhP 4,500 or USD 90.

4. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I too talked to the manager of Racketworld in Pertama complex and according to him, the local Yonex distributor, Sunrise, tends to order the 2U version of the rackets. However, if you are looking at non Yonex brands, there are plenty of 3U rackets. The Gosen Aermet Graven Roots (either the 3400 or the 4500) are available only in 3 U and not 2 U (my preference is for 2U), and these are nice rackets with a lot of power at less than half the price of a Yonex MP99. I paid MYR $580 for the MP 99 and MYR 280 (or so) for the Gosen Aermet Gravun Roots 3400 and while the MP99 is a better racket, it is not twice as good and both rackets are strung with the Gosen biogut Thomas cup special string.

I believe that only the Yonex distributors rarely order the 3U versions. Talking to the manager of Racketworld and the owner of Ekatoh (also in Pertama), the trend is for lighter rackets. Most of the rackets available are 3U except for Yonex.

Ron