1-which string better? 2-two-edged stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by angelus_2012, Jan 13, 2003.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

i broken two strings already (BG-66 and BG-85. both at 23lbs) after a month use. i'm looking for an alternative string which is better for my style of play. here are the list of strings that are available at my area:

BG-66
    BG-7 (or is it BG-70?)
    BG-80
    BG-85

in this case, which string is better for high, far clears, drive and control? personally, i prefer control more than power and i love strings that are sticky because i like to "hold" the shuttle when i play net.

2nd: i would like to string my racket at main:22, cross:24, but i am afraid because the shopkeeper's stringing machine has the two edges on the side of the frame which might keep the racket's frame from becoming fatter when they first string the main. i believe that when they first string the main, the racket's frame will get "fatter" and then restore to the original shape when the cross tension is applied. as the two edges (steel-made, located at both racket's side) "might" prevent the racket become "fatter" and "might" cause the racket's frame to break.
    so, is the two edges will cause my racket to break when they string my racket at 22;24?
    or it's just a safety feature which does not harm the racket?

3rd: how d'you string a main and cross stringing type? will it have four-knots or two-knots?
    there's are stringer that string my racket at 24 on the center main and 23 on all others only using two-knots stringing method. please input all of your stringing method (either you use one standard tension or you apply the main and cross at 2lbs differences)

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    1. I've yet to hear of a 'sticky' string. each of the strings you mentioned are very good strings, but which one you prefer is personal preference. myself, i liked using the 66.

2. a stringing machine that has a 'two side brace', is likely a 4 or 6 point mount. this provides a firmer support for your racquet for higher tensions. but do remember, it is not only the machine, but the experience and skill of the stringer.

3. search previous posts - there are many already about 2 and 4 knot/1 string 2 string methods. As a consumer in the long run, it really doesn't matter whether your stringer does one string of two string method. In all likelyhood you will not notice the difference. you will get used to a certain stringing method, then stay with that stringer.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. 4-6 pt support can help to prevent the shape change during re-string. However, improper setup can make the dmg go even worse. Therefore, have to say, even though 4-6 pt support machine is a better tool, still the stringer needs to know what he's doing. However, in ur case, seems that the stringer should have some experience, and I don't see a problem over there.

2. If u using 2-pieces of string for main and cross, then, it will be "4 knots" methods.

3. Please do a serach about tension, string methods, knots and the "special string method" u talked about later in the threads. They all been previously discussed.