badminton online game - badmintonstar.org

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cooler, May 10, 2010.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Monday May 10, 2010
    Danish players masterminds behind new fantasy badminton online game
    PROFESSIONALS Joachim Persson and Mathias Boe from Denmark are more than just cool badminton players.

They are the masterminds behind a new game that is set to hit the market big time. And even a non-playing badminton fan can become a big winner.

The singles and doubles players have designed an exciting fantasy badminton manager game that allows fans to follow their favourite players throughout the season and they do not even have to go to venues of competitions.

They have to log on to
    www.badmintonstar.org and create a 10-member team of their favourite players. Fees are imposed but they are minimal.

And if their favourite “team†win the game, the fan stands to win a free trip to catch the actions at the Copenhangen Masters in December. And by attracting more sponsors, fans can look forward to more prizes.

The playing period began on May 1 and will end on April 30, 2011.

Tournaments included in the game are listed in the Badmintonstar calendar. These tournaments are Badminton World Federation (BWF) events, including the Super Series, Grand Prix Gold, Grand Prix and major events like the world championships.

“Boe and I created this because we want the fans to follow the Super Series and other badminton events,†said Persson.

“We want to create the excitement in the world of badminton. This will allow fans to follow the game live and online.

“Who knows, some may be so engrossed in the game that they may want to pick up the sport. This is one of our ways to promote the sport that we love.â€

Yesterday, Persson and Boe showed their brilliance on court in Denmark’s 5-0 win over Poland in their opening Group C Thomas Cup tie.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I remember a site a long time ago which did this too and there's a thread here on BC. Whatever happened to that?

3. tommypham6

tommypham6 Regular Member

Interesting.. I just signed up my team name is
    CAbad anyone else sign up?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member