Decent all-around non-Yonex/LN/Victor rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by CrimsonRain, May 10, 2010.

1. CrimsonRain

CrimsonRain Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    So I'll begin by admitting that as a young player, I got lured into Yonex's web and had about 4 (expensive) rackets, some of which I have outlived (which is probabily a good thing).

But now, as an incoming college student, I want to keep playing, but at the same time stay away from "name-brand" expensive rackets, such as Yonex, LN, and Victor.

I'm looking for a well-rounded racket, preferably slightly head-heavy and 85g+/-. I have been using a 4UG4 AT700 and a 3UG4 AT900P (both for doubles play >_>). I know these rackets are nowhere near even-balanced, but I think I want to stop relying on my rackets to get all the OOMF's for my smashes and kills and start using my own.

I've heard great things about Zelm's PP10K, Apac's Tantrum 200/300, and Mizuno's TC700, which are currently the rackets I'm considering.

Again, I'm really well-rounded and not picky at all with rackets; I've played well using the Arc9 and AT700. I just need a cheaper decent racket for college that is even-balanced or head-heavy, stiff or extra-stiff, and preferably one that has the grip size equivalent to Yonex's G4.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! AS WELL AS THE CHEAPEST STORE ONLINE I CAN PURCHASE THEM FROM!

Thanks in advance!

2. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    Welcome in the club. ;)
    Well, I'd suggest a Panda Power T2. I don't think I need to introduce the racket, as you can read about it and it's outstanding performances in the Equipment section.

3. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I second that. It will speak for itself

4. CrimsonRain

Pharmacy Student
    I'd have to buy that from other BC members....right? o-O

5. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
  6. CrimsonRain

Pharmacy Student
    Thank you so much Oliver!! Do you know how much would the rackets roughly cost? (after stringing and shipping)

7. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    I paid roughly 120 USD, strung, shipped.

8. quotidian

quotidian Regular Member

For a cheaper racket but of similar quality to the Trinity, i suggest you go with the Zelm. Both are made at the same factory in Shenzhen using M40JB Toray graphite. The difference: Trinity has 72 grommets/half muscle power frame, while the Zelm has 76 grommets/iso frame.