The shoes for a beginner

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Justbam, May 11, 2010.

1. Justbam

Justbam Regular Member

Hello

I have just recently got into badminton and enjoying the game immensely,
    The only problem im having is extremely big blisters on the palm of my feet below the big toe im only wearing fred perry original tennis shoes there well fitted a bit to tight in fact if anything i have brought new socks as the ones i was wearing had seen better days but id like to buy a more comfortable shoe aswell i don't have a price range so much as in my eyes comfort just leads to enjoying the game more. So any advice or tips (someone has mentioned vaseline) would be muchly appreciated

I am currently playing with a friend on a full court so there is alot of movement as some of the time the player hitting the shuttle doesnt even quite know what direction it is gonna go in haha :D

Thank you in advance for your help

a very sore footed BaM :)

2. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    First Welcome to BadmintonCentral Forums !!!

About shoes, try for Yonex if it fits you, they're said to be the best ;)
    Buy cheap model, you don't need expensive one if beginner..

3. Justbam

Justbam Regular Member

HI!

thank you for a reply i was getting worried i was to stupid for anyone to waste there time with haha

i have been looking at yonex as the centre i play at basically only really sell the brand but no1 is ever in the shop to give any advice and after the blisters i could of really done with some :(

could u recommend a model i dont mind if there rather on the pricey side as i said id rather be comfortable straight off and carry on enjoying the sport :D

4. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol there's 50k forumers there, I no one reply to you, you really ain't lucky XD

I use shb 100 and it is quite good :) the only drawback with Yonex I guess it's the low durability :(

5. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    You don't really need to get an expensive show but you should tell us your price range.

I use SHB 98 MX which I personally find is one of the best Yonex shoes out there but is very poor when it comes to durability.

6. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    sry my error.....shoe*

7. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    its not a blister, its a callusly skin after repeative playing. We all have it.

8. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I've used both the SHB99MX and the SHB100MX and found both to be really good. For durability, it depends how hard you play and how long you're on court. I am sure they will last quite a long time if taken care of properly. For a beginner, I would check out some of the middle models from the Yonex range.

9. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I used the 100mx for 2 years now and its still pretty good
    . I play very often too so in terms of durability i would say its very good.

10. Justbam

Justbam Regular Member

Hey guys

Thanks for the feedback as regards to it not being a blister Im pretty sure it is as it popped last night the skin is flopping about and is quite painful,
    I don't really have a price should u have to set 1 it be in the 100-120 pounds region.

I think I'm going to go with yonex as they seem to be the best brand to have I'm not to worrired about the durability as I only play 4-5 hours a week and am quite a footwear freak so they will be looked after that and also there will probaly be another pair I want after a year or 2 I got some yonex socks a few days ago to as my old sports socks had seen better days coheed plasters are also something I'll look into

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

£100-120 ??? Thats alot, you can get two pairs of SHB101MX for that price !
    SHB101MX are great I have had 4 months use so far, and it has gone well, like others have mention, durability can be an issue, but performance is great.

12. Justbam

Justbam Regular Member

awesome!

i think im going to look into that model well the 101 or the 100 as they seem to be the models that come up most

13. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

Ive got the SHB85 and they are great cheaper than the SHB101 and 100s and IMO alot more comfortable.

14. Justbam

Justbam Regular Member

funnily enough i was just looking at the shb85 i think its gonna be the case of finding a shop and trying them on see what 1s feel best on

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

That is always the best way to decide

16. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I believe blisters are not from improper footwear. They will occur regardless, it's just the way your feet rub up against the insole. Once you play enough, you'll build up a callus :p I'm surprised no one has started a thread for blister pics (foot and hands).. that would be raunchy :p

And yah, good shoes can still be pretty cheap. Don't just look at yonex shoes though, plenty of other good brands out there (esp. if you're beginner). You can even look at Asics, including their volleyball shoes. They have excellent cushioning and great durability. Only problem is that they may be a bit clunky.

Just don't be caught be in the yonex, 'evil empire' madness. It can get pretty expensive (esp. racketwise). But if you really like the brand and you are convinced that it is the best for you, go nuts :D

17. Justbam

Justbam Regular Member

Hey guys

Thanks for all the opinions i'm grateful i eventually ended up obtaining 2 pairs of trainers 1 of which was, I have the asics gel blade 2's and the yonex 101's im enjoying both pairs at the moment i think ill eventually do a review once i have both pairs worn in im rotating between the different nights i play :)

i haven't had a blister since i got the new socks/trainers so im assuming something wasn't helping me between the shoes and socks i was originally wearing. i do now have arm pains so off i go web browsing to see if there is any remedy or any type of warm up/stretch i can do to prevent this haha gotta love this game :D