Please help to choose: APACS rack

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pkcheng55, May 11, 2010.

1. pkcheng55

pkcheng55 Regular Member

I'm new to this forum and I have heard APACS is a good racket for beginner to intermediate level play. I would like your recommendation to get a new racket.
    • Level: In between beginner to intermediate
    • How often to play: Twice a week, 2-3 hours each session
    • Style: Net play and drop. Would like to improve my skill for back to back clear as well as smashing
    • Budget: <$80
    • Looking for racket: With Medium Flex. Don't mind to have head heavy if it can improve my skill for clear and smash.
    Is any racket in below good for my need or is there any other recommendation?
    • APACS Edgesaber 7
    • APACS Visible Hallow 1300
    • APACS Lethal 6
    • APACS TANTRUM LIGHT
    Thanks

2. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'd go with either the Lethal or the Tantrum though Tantrum Light might be too light at 76-79g. And I think at this point it's better for you to train to get your smashes/techniques better instead of relying on rackets.

3. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    Why dont you buy stern 200? It's quite light and should be suitable to your style of play. I'm not sure how much it is in HK but with your budget of US80, you are able to get it in Malaysia.

4. pkcheng55

pkcheng55 Regular Member

Stern 200 sounds good. However, will Stern 100 even better because it seems like Stern 100 has medium Flex or Stern 200 is just better overall?