Grip

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Eric, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Eric

Eric Guest

I was just wondering what you do with the grip that comes with your badminton racket, ex. when you buy a new yonex racket the black grip that's on it already. What i really want to know is when you re-grip your racket do you peel off the black grip and wrap your new grip on top of the wood handle or just wrap the new grip over the old one that came with the racket.

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Personally, i don't like the remove the black grip that comes with the racket. But i do remove the grip that i'm replacing. Say if i'm replacing a grip thats already gripped over the black grip....

3. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

There is a difference between an overgrip and the original grip. I always put on overgrip over the original cushioned grip. If I don't like the cushioned grip, I change it and still put an overgrip on top of it.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I just...

I just wrap an overgrip on top like Bambam.
    I don't like to mess around with the original, just in case the handle comes loose, and the racquet portion flies off from the weakend glue...
    I've seen it happen... don't ask.

5. Thomas

Thomas Guest

Re: I just...

Normally, I would just wrap an overgrip of 0.5mm thickness and maintain the orginal grip, especially if it's a good one. The cheaper rackets have thin grip and therefore do not have the cushion. Thus you may want to take off the grip and put a thicker one. Then the overgrip is optional coz' you can change the grip at anytime. Overall, it all depends on the feel, some like it thick and some don't.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

Me too

7. vince

vince Guest

Me three.

PS. are you trying to make fun of someone, Cheung?

8. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    it depends on the type of grip....and also, if you grip over your existing grip, this would increase your grip size. so take that into account(i personally grip over top of an old grip, i like a larger grip).