NHL playoffs 2010

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Fidget, May 12, 2010.

1. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Wednesday night and lowly Montreal is showing the door to the 2009 former Stanley Cup champion Penguins! :eek:

Are there any Canadians out there who are watching this, or does BC only have Toronto/Vancouver fans? (Winnipeg/Hamilton fans?:eek:)

Hoping for an Original Six final,
    Fidget

2. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

I don't follow Hockey(Sorry NBA fan, am following the playoffs there too lol), but seriously Peguins never came out with that same intensity as they did for the first 6 games of the series, and they get blown out at home, on the most crucial game 7.
    I seriously hope Montreal makes the finals.
    :)

3. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I am from Canada but I'm not a Canadians fan, they're basically winning because Halak is very hot... Fleury played like crap, kinda like Luongo(i am in Vancouver but I'm not a Canucks fan lol)... Basically the Canadians get outshot every game but they have a very very hot goalie backstopping them. I don't know if Halak can sustain the level that he's playing at for 2 more series, and the Canadians better hope they play the depleted Bruins in the third round because the physical bigger Flyers will punish them with their physical style, something different from the Caps and Pens...

4. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Keith won't wear full shield in finals

CHICAGO -- With seven fewer teeth to protect after a puck hit him in the mouth, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith has decided not wear a full face shield during the Stanley Cup finals.

ESPNChicago.com Blackhawks blog

[​IMG] The latest news from Hawks beat reporter Jesse Rogers. Blog

Keith, who wears a half shield, also has decided not to have his replacements put in until after the finals.
    "[I'll] be like this until the end of the season, and after that go in and hopefully get some nice teeth," Keith said Tuesday. "It's not out of the ordinary when a hockey player loses his teeth, but certainly I lost my fair share."
    Two of the teeth knocked out were fake.
    After catching Patrick Marleau's clearing attempt in the mouth Sunday, Keith missed less than seven minutes before returning to the ice. He later assisted on Dave Bolland's goal as the Hawks eliminated the San Jose Sharks from the Western Conference finals.
    Game 1 of the finals against the Philadelphia Flyers is Saturday at the United Center.

Mike & Mike in the Morning

Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane says losing teeth is not a great feeling as you try to breathe and you just get shivers. Plus, Kane helps preview the matchup in the Stanley Cup finals with the Philadelphia Flyers.

Keith said the worst part of the ordeal was "getting needles in the gums and the roots" on Sunday. It was to deaden the area so he could return to the ice.
    On Monday, Keith spent a couple of hours at the dentist.
    "I could only do so much," he said. "It was just to tide it over until I could get some teeth in."
    The 6-foot, 187-pound Keith said he's not a big eater with a full set of teeth, so he's facing more of a challenge.
    "I always have trouble getting food in me," he said. "It takes a while as it is, now it's more of a battle.
    "I've been all right. I still have some teeth in there on the side."
    Keith, who is a Norris Trophy finalist and former Olympian, said he may try to get a different type of mouthpiece than the one he was wearing at the time.
    And he's also improving his vocal skills. Hawks winger Patrick Sharp joked Sunday night that when Keith returned to the ice, he was mumbling and hard to understand.
    "I feel like I'm getting better at talking now," he said. "But when it first happened, I was having some trouble learning how to talk with no teeth.
    "I guess they had some trouble understanding what I was telling them on the power play."
    And what was that?
    "Give me the puck," he said.

5. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Pronger vs Byfuglien part 1

Shutdown franchise defenseman vs monster power forward

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Oh yeah: Go Hawks!

8. RSLvictorSOTX

Hawks nip Flyers 1-0 Cup lead!

9. RSLvictorSOTX

Flyers' championship drought continues

[​IMG] AP – Philadelphia Flyers left wing Simon Gagne (12) skates to the bench after Chicago Blackhawks' Andrew Ladd …

By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer Rob Maaddi, Ap Sports Writer – 25 mins ago
    PHILADELPHIA – While the Blackhawks celebrated, the Flyers waited hopelessly on the ice.
    The official call came quickly and just like that, it was over.
    One of the most remarkable postseason runs in sports history ended Wednesday night when Philadelphia lost 4-3 in overtime to Chicago in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.
    Patrick Kane scored 4:10 into the extra period to give the Blackhawks their first championship since 1961, ending the longest active drought in the NHL.
    It took a few minutes for the loss to sink in, because the goal lamp didn't light up and the play was reviewed.
    But the Flyers were out of breaks.
    "It's tough right now," forward Jeff Carter said. "In the long run, everyone should be proud of what we did this year. We overcame a lot of adversity."
    Chris Pronger, Mike Richards and the seventh-seeded [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Flyers[/COLOR][/COLOR] overcame tremendous odds just to get this far. That's little consolation for a franchise that hasn't won a championship in 35 years.
    Since the Broad Street Bullies captured consecutive titles in 1974-75, the Flyers have lost six straight times in the finals.
    No one could've expected them to make it here just a few months ago, when they were 14th in the 15-team Eastern Conference. The Flyers were favorites to reach the finals in the preseason, but they underachieved early and it ended up costing coach John Stevens his job.
    Peter Laviolette took over and they slowly started to come together, despite numerous injuries to key players and all their goalies. Still, the Flyers needed a shootout victory over the New York Rangers in the regular-season finale just to get into the playoffs. Then it took a historic comeback in the second round against Boston to keep the run going.
    The Flyers lost the first two games of the finals in Chicago, but won the next two at home. After a 7-4 loss in Game 5, they forced overtime in Game 6 when Scott Hartnell scored with 3:59 left in regulation.
    But there would be no overtime stars for Philadelphia.
    "It stings, it hurts," Hartnell said. "It will be in the back of our heads for a while."
    A sellout crowd showed their appreciation for Philadelphia's incredible run. They stood and chanted "Let's Go Flyers!" while players shook hands.
    With journeyman Brian Boucher in the net, the Flyers knocked off New Jersey in five games in the first round. Then they staged one of the greatest comebacks in sports history by rallying from both a 3-0 series deficit and a 3-0 hole in Game 7 to beat the Bruins.
    That set up a No. 7 vs. No. 8 Eastern Conference final against Montreal, which beat Presidents' Trophy-winning Washington and the defending Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins in the first two rounds.
    Behind three shutouts by Michael Leighton, who replaced an injured Boucher during the previous round, the Flyers eliminated the Canadiens in five games to reach the finals for the first time since 1997.

10. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That was an exciting game. Definitely a worthy final series.:)
    Either team could have won, but it is nice to see venerable Chicago win after all these years.

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And to immortalize the moment :)

[​IMG]

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

master silentheart should be partying like it's 1961 for his hometown ice hockey team's win..;)
    ..wait, is he going to the parade today??..