New Member -- Saying Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by BirdieBoy8720, May 14, 2010.

1. BirdieBoy8720

BirdieBoy8720 New Member

Badminton Instructor
    Hey Everybody, just signed up and wanted to introduce myself and get welcomed into the community!

My name is Otis. I am 23 years old and have been playing Badminton since my parents got me one of those 8 in 1 game sets (LOL) for Christmas. I must have been 10 or so. I was hooked after playing for just a little while. The smooth fall of the birdie enticed me. I wanted to learn everything about how it worked.

There aren't many outlets for Badminting here in NYC (I'm not the most outgoing person) so I play a lot with my mom or brother. They have gotten pretty good, just from playing against me! I do occasionally meet with some other badminton fans at local Alley Pond Park, which is always fun and a test of my skills.

I had NO IDEA there was a badminton forum until I searched it on Ask Jeeves. Jeeves directed me here and I signed up right away. Even seeing all the thread titles made me almost emotional, it feels like I'm finally getting to express myself publicly after so many years.

I hope to make some long-time friends and learn even more about my favorite sport. I promise to be a solid cornerstone of the community. Well, I'd better go start browsing these threads!

Nice to meet you all in advance! :D

Keep 'minting!

2. BirdieBoy8720

BirdieBoy8720 New Member

Badminton Instructor
    ShuttlecockNoob (Funny User Name hahah)--

I am happy that you can relate to my post. It must be hard with your friends poking teases at you just for badminting. I cannot say that I can relate to that. My family is pretty supportive of my badminton hobby.

A tennis racket? Haha, that is pretty funny. They do look similar but they are not very alike. You can definitely PM me, if you want I can send you a report I did on the differences between a badminton and tennis racket. You will be amazed at how differnet they are!

The racket that I currently own and use is a Carlton Airblade. It is made of Titanium and is AWESOME! Sometimes I forget that I am even holding a racket. Thats how light it is. It costs around $90. For you, I would recommend perhaps the Carlton PowerBlade 4000 Badminton Racque. It is a good racket for badminting and is easy on the wallet.

PM me whenever you like! Good to see another new member!

-Otis

3. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Welcome, BirdieBoy (and ShuttlecockNOOB, too)!!

Glad you have joined..
    If you'd like to look for places to play, pls do check the Places to Play subforum...
    Yes, BC is really a one of a kind resource.

Hope you enjoy your time here! Come back and visit often...
    Have fun! :D

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, BirdieBoy8720!:)..Have you met our LazyBuddy, yet?..
    Visit us often!:cool: