User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 236
  1. #171
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scann View Post
    Ok, here is the edited 'Lucky Draws' video. (Quality is acceptable)
    I just realised that only those who played were entitled to the the lucky draw! MALAYSIA and WORLD teams had medals and gifts but NO team got nothing. No, I was not complaining.
    Last edited by robin7; 05-18-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: :(

  2. #172
    Regular Member scann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cheras,KL
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Prize presentation part 2 - MAS Team

    This is the edited Video

    Badminton actions video coming up. I managed to record those matches played before my match. Short clip of each game, sorry no full match.

  3. #173
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Why did you slow-mo my reaction? Why I reacted that way was because I missed out on the grand prize.
    And did you guys notice why and how BlurryD won the grand prize? I think he was the only one wearing the Bad Central t-shirt. !!!!!
    It could have been me, had my t-shirt fit me. Ha ha
    Too bad, nokh88. But you should have prepared your T-shirt size "pre-selection strategy" well before the BC Tournament. This is much like players who win the coin toss deciding whether to play from which end or serve first ......

    The "wrong strategy" was applied and your opponent used "T-Shirt gamesmanship" during the lucky draw .....

  4. #174
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Too bad, nokh88. But you should have prepared your T-shirt size "pre-selection strategy" well before the BC Tournament. This is much like players who win the coin toss deciding whether to play from which end or serve first ......

    The "wrong strategy" was applied and your opponent used "T-Shirt gamesmanship" during the lucky draw .....
    I picked my size based on the measurement given. Must have measured wrongly.

  5. #175
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,822
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Video of BCers playing (2010 in Malaysia)

    Quote Originally Posted by scann View Post

    This is the edited Video

    Badminton actions video coming up. I managed to record those matches played before my match. Short clip of each game, sorry no full match.

    .
    Thanks for the video, scann.
    .

  6. #176
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,466
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scann View Post
    This is the edited Video

    Badminton actions video coming up. I managed to record those matches played before my match. Short clip of each game, sorry no full match.
    Thanks scann for your judicious scanning of our faces, actions and emotions!

    So you didn't catch someone throwing his racket at abedeng the umpire for showing the red or black card?

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Thanks scann for your judicious scanning of our faces, actions and emotions!

    So you didn't catch someone throwing his racket at abedeng the umpire for showing the red or black card?
    Nobody dared to do that .... Not against a "bouncer" turned "Judge Dredd".

    Even Louisa, previous recipient of a red card, "didn't dare" to attend the BC event but she made it up by making LYB mad at the Uber Finals.

    So my yellow/red/black cards weren't needed. But I should have sent the "kite flying drift" guy to the sin bin, for bringing the fan courtside.

  8. #178
    Regular Member scann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cheras,KL
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Thanks for the video, scann.
    .
    You are welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Thanks scann for your judicious scanning of our faces, actions and emotions!

    So you didn't catch someone throwing his racket at abedeng the umpire for showing the red or black card?
    No, but I caught someone mopping the floor... in this Badminton Actions Video

  9. #179
    Regular Member scann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cheras,KL
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Satay - before and after

    yummy, yummy, gone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys.. thanks for everything.. for making our BC Cup a success to uploading photos, videos... It's joy to meet you all.

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJOOI View Post
    Guys.. thanks for everything.. for making our BC Cup a success to uploading photos, videos... It's joy to meet you all.
    By the way, I'm Benji, using this username BJOOI

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The Return ..... of the Loh

    The greatest thing about this tournament, is that we managed to, err, coax a previously hyperactive BC traveller to "come out of retirement" and make the effort to cross the causeway.

    Yup, after almost 2 years of "hibernation" since the Beijing Olympic Games, Loh is back.

    Despite having to wait overtime at the airport for his "chauffeur" (due to Malaysia's titanic battle with Denmark), Loh is still on top of his game, partnering Germany's huge great hope (Hagen) to beat the best of Chinese BA.

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    The greatest thing about this tournament, is that we managed to, err, coax a previously hyperactive BC traveller to "come out of retirement" and make the effort to cross the causeway.

    Yup, after almost 2 years of "hibernation" since the Beijing Olympic Games, Loh is back.

    Despite having to wait overtime at the airport for his "chauffeur" (due to Malaysia's titanic battle with Denmark), Loh is still on top of his game, partnering Germany's huge great hope (Hagen) to beat the best of Chinese BA.
    Yes, no wonder we heard shouts of "Singapore Boleh"....er I mean "Singapore Also Can" reverberating around the hall !!

  14. #184
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,466
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    The greatest thing about this tournament, is that we managed to, err, coax a previously hyperactive BC traveller to "come out of retirement" and make the effort to cross the causeway.

    Yup, after almost 2 years of "hibernation" since the Beijing Olympic Games, Loh is back.

    Despite having to wait overtime at the airport for his "chauffeur" (due to Malaysia's titanic battle with Denmark), Loh is still on top of his game, partnering Germany's huge great hope (Hagen) to beat the best of Chinese BA.
    Thank you brother.

    And you're still in top form, this time perched high up on the umpire's chair as Referee/Umpire such that no player or his manager dares to lodge any complaint. The only complaint was ironically initiated by you, not found in the BWF Laws of Badminton, I'm afraid.

    And this relates to the match between Hagen and I and our most worthy "CHN" opponents. You threaten to take away our winning point for accusing us of "intimidating" Terry, the umpire of our match, to mop the floor on our side, maybe as a delaying tactic and to distract our opponents. As Referee you are the chief judge in Reflexworld Supreme Court and no one else could challenge your verdict.That would mean an embarassing and most unacceptable "duck's egg", in fact 9-"kosong" for Team World.

    Fortunately you were magnanimous and accepted my explanation and "returned" the solitary point to us.

    But my return meant that I need to get a new camera to replace my 5-year-old fugus-infected Nikon D70 to be able to capture our historic event. The salesman conned me into buying the Canon EOS 550 but I have no regrets. It is lighter and I even manage to take pictures without a tripod that needs someone to help me carry about.

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cat City
    Posts
    2,902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Nobody dared to do that .... Not against a "bouncer" turned "Judge Dredd".

    Even Louisa, previous recipient of a red card, "didn't dare" to attend the BC event but she made it up by making LYB mad at the Uber Finals.

    So my yellow/red/black cards weren't needed. But I should have sent the "kite flying drift" guy to the sin bin, for bringing the fan courtside.
    hey.....i dare to attend, but not feeling well during the trip...i want to be there to...a'hem, mop the floor, and whack the umpire...

    Korea uber team heals my dissapointment for unable to attend the get together...

    Thanks to madbad cuties!!!

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scann View Post
    You are welcome.



    No, but I caught someone mopping the floor... in this Badminton Actions Video
    limsy did a pretty good job Better than his play on court.......hehehehe
    Last edited by epaphroditus; 05-20-2010 at 04:48 AM.

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have some photos to share but don't know how to upload them. Anyone?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Indonesian Thomas - Uber Cup Team
    By miksss in forum Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012
    Replies: 86
    : 05-10-2012, 12:41 AM
  2. Malaysia Mens Team & Womens Team for Thomas / Uber Cup 2012
    By ngkt67 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 3
    : 01-15-2012, 05:26 AM
  3. INA Framework Team for Thomas/Uber Cup Preliminaries
    By bennydut in forum Thomas / Uber Cup 2010 Preliminaries
    Replies: 91
    : 02-14-2010, 10:44 PM
  4. Team INA in Thomas & UBER 2008
    By newjazz in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008
    Replies: 104
    : 05-07-2008, 10:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •