Mp100 - Mp99 - Mp88 - Mp77 - Mp55

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angelus_2012, Jan 16, 2003.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

if these rackets fall under great hands, which one do you think has the most power the racket can unleashed?

&

which one do you think has the most control?

(leave techniques, skill, and strengh in this post. i would like to know based on your preferences)

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    MP-100 hands down for power and MP-90 for control

3. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    imho 77 for power... 99 for control

4. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

so, MP99 is boasts more control..ic.. please send in more replies

5. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    agree

6. Laurence

Laurence Regular Member

Options Trading . . .yeah Baby!!!
    Maybe I am the oddball here, I find that the 2u MP99/90 to be more powerful than the MP100 and control is better on MP100.

I find that the 2u MP99 plays like my old ti10, head heavy, really powerful smashes.

7. Cruxradio

Cruxradio Regular Member

Guess they never recovered from jet-lag
    For MP99 power/control probably varies depending it if it's 89 or 94 grams.
    I understand the 94 gram version is relatively head-heavy.

IS the MP88 no good? There is one ultralite version of it g5 that is 81 grams.. that is insane for a yonex racquet.!

8. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Maybe you are the odd one out Lawrence :D

IMHO, I agree that the MP100 and MP77 (both 2U) have more power. MP99 2U more for control play.

9. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Well i've only ever owned the MP100, MP77 and MP55.

Power
    MP100/MP77 Tied. - Pls see my racket review for reason ;)
    MP55

Control
    MP100
    MP77
    MP55

OVERALL

1) MP100
    2) MP77
    3) MP55

10. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    nothing odd about it laurence, just your opinion which you are entitled to. :D I hit my shots better with my mp99 than my friend's mp100 and in a way, i do feel that it has more power.

it's not that the mp88 is not a good racquet, it's that the racquet is design with more control rather than power in mind and not many like it because of that. from the people I know that owns mp88, both 3u and 4u, they have no complains about it. it is certainly an excellent defensive racquet.

11. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I have the MP 55, MP77, and MP 99. All my rackets are the SP versions and of G4 2U weight with a grip. The MP 55 and MP 77 has Yonex BG 68Ti strings and the MP 99 has Gosen biogut Thomas cup special strings. I do not like the BG 68ti strings as it lacks feel and is too hard. The Gosen biogut is fine.

I have only used the MP 99 once (last night), but I find that the MP99 is the most powerful and a good flick can send the bird to the baseline. In smashes, the MP 99 seems more powerful, but I have not got my timing right on the MP 99 yet. The MP 77 is less powerful and has a bit less control. Both Mp 99 and Mp 77 are better than the Mp 55.

I have never used the MP 100 and cannot comment on whether it is more or less powerful than the Mp 99. Also, the MP 99 requires less swing and more wrist action to get the power.

One sidenote: the Gosen Aermet Roots Gravun 3400 is surprisingly quite powerful when one uses wrist action instead of the full swing.

Ron

12. Lefty

Lefty Regular Member

Sales
    I think the racket of choice also depend on the speed of your swing.

I have all 2U racket, MP-99, MP-100 and MP-77.

For me, the most powerful racket is MP-99.

But the shaft is a bit more flex than MP-100. Therefore if you have a really quick swing, you may able to generate more power from the MP-100.

MP-77 feels to have the stiffest shaft compare to MP-99 and MP-100, despite MP-100 has an extra stiff rating. If your wrist is super quick and super strong, MP-77 will give you the most power. MP-77 is also the heaviest among the 3 racket.

That's just my opinion.

13. flipinese_azn

flipinese_azn Regular Member

none
    well i have the mp77 SP and i've had it for about...3 -4 months now and i think its great all in all...but then i find it hard for me to use because im pretty small...and since the string tension is at 25 with the bg 65 TI...u can understand that u need alot of power to generate to be able to use this rackets full potential even with its stiff frame.

and the head may be a bit heavier then u may want it but after a while u get used to it...and i think out of all the mp series the mp77 is the one to go for...its almost in between and can benefit u if ur a hard hitter:D

14. Ay33

Ay33 Regular Member

Student
    MP100 definitely great power, MP99=Control MP88=Control MP77=power MP55=:confused: :confused:

15. crazyboy139

crazyboy139 Regular Member

MP 55
    to me, would equal a good racquet for someone who just started Badminton (like me)
    who could afford a pretty good racquet like this
    also, its a great start to using MP racquets
    and the price is good for someone who can't afford the more expensive ones, or worries about damaging them too much :(

So far, I think MP55 is great, my coach said it was a great racquet, because he uses it too. So before someone thinks, MP100 is this, MP99 is that, (which they prob are of course) don't forget MP55, or MP88, cause Yonex put their efforts into making those too! :p

Think most importantly is, personal preference, you'd know which one is the best, after you tried them all. However, I don't have that chance, and I wanted to find out which one is "the best" too, great topic, keep those replies / opinions coming! :)

16. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

please state whether the rackets are 2U or 3U. For me, 3U MP90 is more powerful than 3U MP100 and the opposite for the 2Us.