China TC team now compared to Indonesia TC team of the late 90's and TC tactics

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by Cheung, May 14, 2010.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Remember?:)

Indonesia swept everything. The basis was the two strong pairs of Rexy/Ricky and Sigit/Chandra. Plus they had other strong players such as Rudy Gunawan, Tony, Halim. Hendrawan and Taufik came on the scene to support the doubles.

Now it's China but I don't feel they dominate as much Indonesia did then.

Is it a red herring. I remember many years ago, Indonesian players sometimes would miss tournaments, even the All England pre Thomas Cup. I used to wonder if they were trying to manipulate the world rankings.

China's tactics this time wsa to peak at the right time. The players didn't play so many tournaments in Europe or the emphasis was just to get some match practice. Winning early 2010 tournaments was not the priority.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    INA MD might be able to win the CHN MD,but MS,after the ZJH era,i believe that it is so hard to beat the great wall.Let's just hope that what has just happend in Uber cup today would give some encouragement for the INA team,n made them think that nothing is impossible.At least the match that i have been waiting for ages,LD VS TH will be on the show tommorow.Good luck for INA,play your best!