Elbow pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by LadyPlayer, Jan 16, 2003.

1. LadyPlayer

LadyPlayer Regular Member

Usually, Tennis elbow is caused by long time over usage plus incorrect way of hitting. however, I hurt my elbow last night during playing badminton, I felt elbow pain at the last game last a few points. It came suddenly and sharp, I have problem to straighten my right arm now. Sharp pain in elbow. Any suggestion to cure it now and provent it later? Thanks. ( I don't have elbow problem before yesterday).

2. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Get proper treatment, go to chiropractor or acupuncture before it's to late. I had both tennis and golf elbow for almost 10 years now and up to a point where it effect my shoulder blade and neck. These due to my lack of proper treatment at initial stage. At start, I felt the pain as you described and went to see my physio and start strengthening my elbow by doing a lot of gym work and feel that I can bear the pain to start playing again. The pain still there and by compensating with my improve strength I can last for another 10 years and now this injury is so bad that I am unable to play without paint killer. Many different treatment that I have tried but acupuncture seem to work better for me.
    This elbow injury is common for badminton players, especially when you reach 30 where most of you will have about 15 years playing. Is not because of wrong technics, this type of injury is common for players who use a lot of wrist to hit in smashes, flicks and drives shot.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Best solution: make an appointment with ur doctor asap.

Even though, the injury could be as little as torn muscle something, but just in case it's something serious, get the proper treatment earlier is much better than late.

4. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    torn muslce is considered small injury? :confused: anyway, get it checked out by a doctor, in the mean time, rest the elbow and don't do any strenuous activity. before you play each time, make sure you warm up properly and when you are practicing hitting around, don't jump right into the deep clears right away but warm up your swings slowly by hitting short clears first. your problem sounds like muscle strain or something muscle related most likely.