User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 78

Thread: Ankle injury

  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've ordered 2 Aircast A60, one for either foot, from America, and hopefully it should arrive sometime next week.

    Twisted my right ankle 3 weeks ago but was able to put weight onto it within a day or so. X-ray revealed that there was no breakage but a heavy sprain. Been resting and strengthening with a wobble board. Can jump from it and land on it and can even jog lightly on it. But, as some of you already know, an ankle injury will stay and will not fully heal (swelling to go right down or disappear) for a long while, so ankle braces are for precaution.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can vouch for the Aircast A60, use one since a ligament tear and ankle fracture last year. On a couple of occasions it's stopped my ankle twisting.

    I'd recommend a range of exercises for your ankle to rehabilitate - as well as the wobble board, you'll want to try hopping forwards and sideways on the affected ankle, and then with your eyes closed.

    If you have a wobble board and can stand on it without issue, introduce movement - such as throwing a ball against a wall - to increase the difficulty.

    Once you're able to do all of those, I'd then suggest high impact work, such as jogging, jumping etc. Also look to incorporate some footwork exercises into your warmup routine to increase agility.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S11_CI View Post
    Can vouch for the Aircast A60, use one since a ligament tear and ankle fracture last year. On a couple of occasions it's stopped my ankle twisting.

    I'd recommend a range of exercises for your ankle to rehabilitate - as well as the wobble board, you'll want to try hopping forwards and sideways on the affected ankle, and then with your eyes closed.

    If you have a wobble board and can stand on it without issue, introduce movement - such as throwing a ball against a wall - to increase the difficulty.

    Once you're able to do all of those, I'd then suggest high impact work, such as jogging, jumping etc. Also look to incorporate some footwork exercises into your warmup routine to increase agility.
    The Aircast A60 is good but it lessened the flexibility of my movements in the game for sure.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Depends on which foot and your footwork.

    For myself it was on the left ankle, and so being right handed this has less bearing on my gameplay.

    I've spotted very good players with them on both ankles and it doesn't seem to impede their flexibility of movement in the game. I'm not sure how it would either, given that it's the ankle over rotation that it protects, not the general foot movement / weight distribution.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I totally agree. I've not had any problems with wearing the ankle brace. My movement has pretty much returned to normal, but there is still some slight hesitancy in going for certain shots. Hopefully, with time, it will recover 100%!

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    The Aircast A60 is good but it lessened the flexibility of my movements in the game for sure.
    This is my 4th year of using A60 and after experimenting all ankle brace there are available in the market that can be use playing badminton, IMHO NONE can beat A60 from the point of:

    - Weight
    - Prevention against inversion and eversion sprain
    - Comfort

    No doubt when i first try it, it was very odd to have something attached at your ankle other than your socks while wearing your shoes but as i've used it regularly ( playing 5 times/week @ 3 - 8 hr ), i can tell you that i've treated it similarly like my other badminton equipments in which without any of it e.g racket, shoes etc, i'm not wearing a complete set of badminton attire.

    What is most importantly after using it after this many years, it has boost my self confidence and moral as there is something that i'm wearing at my right ankle that i can depend confidently to increase my chances of preventing a recurrent ankle sprain. In other words i felt more secure wearing it more than not wearing it.

    I'm not an A60 sales agent but what i can assure you that my performance of play be it in training or participating at high level tournaments until now has not deteriorate while using it and as it brings more good to me, i think it would also bring good to anyone who has history of ankle sparin that wants that highest level of ankle protection at the same time the comfort of wear while using it.

    The only down side that i've noticed is its durability. At my frequency of play, a single A60 used at my right ankle will only last anywhere from 1.5 - 2 years before its velcro become useless.

    SS
    Last edited by shooting stroke; 04-18-2012 at 11:34 PM.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where do you get it in malaysia? and how much?

    i'm wearing on my right ankle, but now my left heel hurts. maybe due to the difference in height & cushioning caused by my thick bracers messing with my weight distribution when i land from a lunge and jump :S

    thanks.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    where do you get it in malaysia? and how much?

    i'm wearing on my right ankle, but now my left heel hurts. maybe due to the difference in height & cushioning caused by my thick bracers messing with my weight distribution when i land from a lunge and jump :S

    thanks.
    I've forgotten the name of the place where i bought it in kl but i still can remember its location. I'll mail you the details once I'm back in kl.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have ankle pain 2 months ago without any reason (not twisted nor being hit by something). I rested for 1 week and took medicine prescribed by doctor (some painkiller pills and anti-inflammatory gel). Then I started playing and jogging again. At first, there was not much pain but after a week or two, it became painful again. I stopped playing for another 1 week before starting to play once again. Now my ankle is painful again.

    What should I do to stop the pain once and for all?
    Do I have to stop longer to heal completely?
    Last edited by terrencelbt; 05-12-2012 at 04:21 AM.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    I've forgotten the name of the place where i bought it in kl but i still can remember its location. I'll mail you the details once I'm back in kl.
    Hi, can you let me know as well? Cos in sg dunno ware is selling...thanks

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi guys, managed to get de distributor in singapore

    MEDIQUEST PTE LTD
    16 JALAN KILANG #04-05
    HOI HUP BUILDINGSINGAPORE 159416
    TEL: 65-6837 3387 ***FAX: 65-6837 0824
    email: admin@mediquest.com.sg
    It costs sgd 94 incl gst
    hope this helps...
    Last edited by Nict_26; 07-25-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: retype

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nict_26 View Post
    hi guys, managed to get de distributor in singapore

    MEDIQUEST PTE LTD
    16 JALAN KILANG #04-05
    HOI HUP BUILDINGSINGAPORE 159416
    TEL: 65-6837 3387 ***FAX: 65-6837 0824
    email: admin@mediquest.com.sg
    It costs sgd 94 incl gst
    hope this helps...
    Good 4 you. Now i think i have a valid reason to migrate to Singapore

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha..bro, no nd to migrate jus becos of ankle brace la..anyway, i just gotten tis n m wearing it nw.it feels so much comfortable and more secure den de macdavid 195 n de futuro ones which i have...highly recommended..movement on court i guess will be slower but nonetheless, it secures de ankle...cheers!

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nict_26 View Post
    haha..bro, no nd to migrate jus becos of ankle brace la..anyway, i just gotten tis n m wearing it nw.it feels so much comfortable and more secure den de macdavid 195 n de futuro ones which i have...highly recommended..movement on court i guess will be slower but nonetheless, it secures de ankle...cheers!
    You will get used to it sooner and i can guarantee you that when you have blend well with it, you won't even know that it is even there while playing.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    another way you may try, I bought medical cloth tape / kinetic tape, in dollar store. like hockey tape, every time I play just wrap along the tendons triangular shape around my ankle, not too tight , it will prevent movement, but not too lose it won't do the job, because the tendons inside are weak (lose) you need some re-enforcement outside.
    my ankle sprain on Thursday night , get it fix in right place on Friday, back to play on Sat.
    I do have ankle brace, but trust me this taping method work better, it stick to your skin and form a cast move with your foot as a same unit. when you tape one over the ankle bone thru under your foot and back on the other side of your ankle, this keep your foot parallel to the ground, and prevent the foot moves outward , it' works for me.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmbooster View Post
    another way you may try, I bought medical cloth tape / kinetic tape, in dollar store. like hockey tape, every time I play just wrap along the tendons triangular shape around my ankle, not too tight , it will prevent movement, but not too lose it won't do the job, because the tendons inside are weak (lose) you need some re-enforcement outside.
    my ankle sprain on Thursday night , get it fix in right place on Friday, back to play on Sat.
    I do have ankle brace, but trust me this taping method work better, it stick to your skin and form a cast move with your foot as a same unit. when you tape one over the ankle bone thru under your foot and back on the other side of your ankle, this keep your foot parallel to the ground, and prevent the foot moves outward , it' works for me.
    I agree of what you've said since before the advancement in ankle brace was as revolutionary like now, i was an ankle tape user by myself. However studies shows that the benefit of using tape vs ankle brace has its own specific key indicator that every consumer must understand.

    1. Type of ankle sprain vs cost

    If you have chronic ankle instability, the benefit of using ankle brace out weight the usage of a tape from the perspective of cost in a long term usage unless you can afford to buy regularly an ankle tape or you are a sponsored player.

    2. Frequency of usage vs cost

    If you play regularly and at the same time want that level 4 ankle protection that can prevent your ankle from recurrent ankle sprain or a player that wants that highest level of ankle protection that can also be an additional preventive for an ankle sprain then using an ankle brace also out weight the benefit of an ankle tape in term of cost vs regularity in usage.

    3. Technique of application vs protection benefit

    Even easy and simple to apply it may look however the skill and technique of applying an ankle tape will be more effective in the hand of an expert. You can apply it as what have been instructed to you by the sales representative or reading manual or looking the you tube but still its is skill by itself that need to be learn. Ankle brace is as easy to wear like any badminton attire e.g socks, shoes and still provide the same level of protection depends of what type of ankle brace you bought.

    SS

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm just saying from my experience, and point out another method for other to try, obviously If one can put away addiction of playing badminton and follow treatment like RICE, then it's good, but it takes times,
    in my case, i'm so addicted to the game, can't quit for a day, so I find the fastest way to come back to the court, yes it cost more in long run compare to ankle brace. but it's more effective, once you got ankle injured it will be recurrented sooner or later, and this is my not first time, previously I had to stop playing for months,
    like I said earlier, you need to go to specialist to correct bone/tendon in the right place, then tape it, if you don't, you hardly walk and it stays that way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. On going injury with my right ankle
    By Babyface in forum Injuries
    Replies: 16
    : 09-06-2010, 02:14 AM
  2. Ankle injury...should take operation?
    By Hanyuduck2005 in forum Injuries
    Replies: 9
    : 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
  3. Ankle Injury :(
    By bradmyster in forum Injuries
    Replies: 31
    : 01-24-2010, 04:03 AM
  4. Ankle injury
    By ryeung in forum Injuries
    Replies: 6
    : 09-26-2004, 06:49 PM
  5. Ankle Injury
    By Pete LSD in forum Injuries
    Replies: 8
    : 01-26-2004, 08:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •