Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Wearing ankle brace DOES NOT:

1. Make your previously injured ankle weak
    2. Reduce athletic performance

Attach is a published studies in 2005 done by a team of researchers from the Sports Medicine Institute, University Hospital of Munster, Germany for your references for the above issues.
    Great. Thanks for that reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am facing a hard skin at the ankle end. It is on the heels. Although the entire ankle does not pain but that skin hurts while I land on heels. It has happened on my right foot. I am playing nearly 3-4 hrs per day.

Is there any solutions for such troubles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a month since I had this sprained ankle. I can walk and run now but every time I rotate my ankle there are certain angles that still hurts and my ankle is still swollen. Is this normal for a 1 month old sprained ankle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See a physio. Swim more.. There are lots of islands in php. So, swim form one island to another. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    See a physio. Swim more.. There are lots of islands in php. So, swim form one island to another. lol.
    rofl, yeah I think that's the best idea. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's a more serious ankle sprain, yes it should still hurt when twisted and stretched in certain angles. I just got out of a pretty nasty sprain that I always felt pain in when twisted in certain ankles for about three and a half months. Granted I started playing badminton again after about 2 months with an ankle brace (McDavid 195 lightweight) so it may have slowed my healing. I've never sprained my ankle in the past serious enough to last this long so this was a new experience for me, just like this is for you. It'll probably be like that for at least a month more.

On another topic, I have been using the McDavid 195 lightweight ankle brace and it's actually worked pretty well for me. The only downside is that it's probably bulkier than the Aircast A60, which I have not tried. Also you do have to take a minute to lace it up well and put on the velcrow, but really I've gotten pretty used to it so it's no big deal for me. I actually had a recurrence of an ankle sprain just last week and I thought I was in for another 2 months long episode of pain, swelling, stiffness, and aches. It turns out after about 3-4 days I was back to normal and I feel that I could play badminton again if I wanted to. I did follow RICE procedure which helped out as well. Main point is, the brace probably saved me a lot of trouble in that my brace took the brunt of the force so my sprain wasn't nearly as bad than if I didn't wear it. I never do any physical activity without wearing an ankle brace now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've almost had an inversion for over 10 times before... thing is i manage to somehow immediately spring back into a normal landing position after i feel a massive jolt of pain(from bad landing position). Instinct...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, i have several question to ask here. Lets say i had ligament tear between my fibula and tibia bone, will the ligament recover on its own. Lets say if its a complete tear, will it heal on its own too?What are the food or vitamin supplement that are reconmmended for my type of injury. Ortho doctor call me to stop play heavy sports for 6months.I think i can (die) because of that.T_T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's really nothing you can do diet wise to really help you heal significantly faster. Just eat healthily with a good balance of fruits, vegetables, starches, and meats which you should be doing already if you're not. There is no specific diet that can shave off a month of healing time like that, you just have to rest and possibly do some physical therapy stretches. That's probably the best thing you can do rather than change your diet. I know how it feels to suddenly not be able to play your favorite sport for months when I had a concussion. It sucks, but the alternative is that you reinjure yourself by trying to play while injured and possibly getting a permanent injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advise Tactim.Ya, i've already started to eat balance meal when i had that torn injury,Doc call me to stop doing sport for quite some time, thats why im quite sad with the duration that he is giving me(6months). I can grow old with that.T_T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had an ankle sprain 3 weeks ago. went up going for a smash and landed on my left ankle inverted. saw a chinese doc who did acupuncture and put a black paste on it. 3 weeks later, it feels close to normal but not quite. I played last thursday and yesterday. yesterday the ankle was very sore after 2 hrs of playing. So back to the resting it is for me. i hate not being able to play. everybody in my group has some sort of injury at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry that happened, sprains always suck to have. Another piece of advice to EVERYONE, start investing in an ankle brace when you play, unless you have very good footwork. There is a saying, a prevention is better than a cure. Ankle braces limits your ankle from going too far beyond your natural range of motion, but at the same time it doesn't decrease your performance like many people think. It looks and feels restricting, but once you start playing you can't even tell it's there. If you get a brace, don't get the elastic ones that slip on your ankle, they really don't help that much. Get ones that you have to lace up, or have a lot of velkro straps.

I personally use http://www.braceshop.com/productcart...Brace-9p79.htm

It's a little bulky and you might have a slightly tough time fitting into your shoes, though normally loosening one lace on your shoe should be good enough.

It's helps a lot when your ankle almost ready but you have slight soreness still. Also if you do happen to resprain your ankle with the brace on, the injury is not NEARLY as bad than if you sprained your ankle without the brace. I had this happen once, but the pain went away the next week and I could start playing again. I have been sprain free for almost a year now with the brace, so now it's more a prevention thing (for both ankles, i only sprained my right one though). My right ankle is fully healed after I had badly sprained it, lasting about 5 months of nagging pain.

The brace is on average $25-30 us dollars at a sports store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hye guys injured my ankle just a few hours ago while landing from jumping, my ankle is injured before, therefore its prone to injury, been reading about ankle braces. http://www.lelong.com.my/mcdavid-ank...-01-Sale-I.htm is this one any good? tq

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry that you injured your ankle that way, in fact that's exctly how I injured my ankle a year ago (still some nagging pain if I play too hard). McDavid is a good brand, but the one you have linked doesn't provide the adequate protection you probably need. The one I linked awhile back (post above yours) is the one I use and is very good. Lacing obviously takes time and it takes equal amounts of time to adjust the tightness of the brace, but it provides very good protection (I've sprained my ankle once minorly with the brace on, and the pain only lasted a few days before I was able to play again the next week). I haven't had any major sprains since then.

http://www.amazon.com/AirCast-A60-An.../dp/B000S0Y3AA

This aircast ankle brace is also the other popular one for badminton players. It's also used by World #4 tennis player Andy Murray from what I remember and his ankles seem to be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you! i had a hard time walking today T_T. will try to get one aircast 60

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure you get the correct brace. They have specific braces for the left and right foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh okay thanx for the reminder!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast