User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Ankle injury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    I've forgotten the name of the place where i bought it in kl but i still can remember its location. I'll mail you the details once I'm back in kl.
    Hi!
    i'm new to this forum. Been searching for some info on ankle guard after spraining my right foot twice & came across this thread. Could you please email me the location of the store as well? Your help if very much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had twice injury on my ankle..the first time happened on April, where i sprained my left leg (flip to the left while trying to do a turn for backhand)...i went for chinese "tui na" as i felt more assurance on tui na, rather than western type (which usually applied on cast on my leg)..soon after 3weeks, i warm up with some badminton..but i feel the nerves on my ankle keep interrupting me during play time..i felt sudden nerve run off, which made me slightly pain at that particular moment...and i had phobia in stepping back for a clear stroke

Thing goes on like this until August, where i hurt my ankle part again..this is much painful than the first time...being scared, i stop playing for 2months, until recently i felt i am in good form again for some light games.. but then, things might not be as normal anymore, as i felt phobia (especially stepping backward, giving pressure on my left leg) and got 'cluck cluck sound' on my leg...

So my question is:
    1) Is the cluck cluck sound normal?
    2) Ankle injury-Is this permanent or will regain back in form?
    3) My nerves keep running from the way it was (The tui na shi fu even teach me to pres on certain point, to made my blood flow, so that nerves wont run). Anyone experiencing such scenario before?

Thanks for anyone who shared in advance..help is much appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try playing wif an ankle brace on ur injured leg. For me, it helps a lot as i have recently sprained my ankle (ligament kinda injury).

Then went in here, found out abt aircast n macdavid, bought both and never look back since.It will take time to get used to it but once you get the hang of it.

Chances are you wun notice that it is there.I was told by my physio that the chances of recurring injury on de same ankle is 6-times compared to de non-injured ones.

So better be safe. Regaining strength on the injured leg takes time, 3 months have passed, i m still experiencing weakness on my injured ankle.

Just take things slowly, do not risk taking chances by taking those difficult shots. Go for the normal thingy, if it gets to difficult, just let it go. No point risking injuries for 1 point.

Tui na wise, just carry on.....no harm..Cheers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on how bad ur ankle injury is. Recovery can take quite a while also depend on your age, build and training experience. if you can, find an alternative opinion( be it another tuina or physio). I hit the gym to do squats, calf raise and deadlift to strengthen my leg strength. while playing, just dun be too much of a hero. it is just a game, unless you are playing in a tournament or for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello all, can you suggest which one should I choose between Victor ankle wrap or Victor pressure ankle wrap to prevent injuries during the game because only these products currently available in my country. Thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S11_CI View Post
    Depends on which foot and your footwork.

For myself it was on the left ankle, and so being right handed this has less bearing on my gameplay.

I've spotted very good players with them on both ankles and it doesn't seem to impede their flexibility of movement in the game. I'm not sure how it would either, given that it's the ankle over rotation that it protects, not the general foot movement / weight distribution.
    I will try to wear them on both ankles, as well - hopefully it will not restrict my movements too much. I bought the Aircast A60 after I tore a ligament in the right foot and wore it back then. 2 Weeks ago I strained a ligament in my left foot...
    But I think I'm gonna wear them the whole time when I get back to training - even after full recovery - because I don't want to quit training so long...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can recommend ASO Ankle Stabilizer; have been using this product for quite some time now. It has a great lace up support; sits firmly; has inserts (meaning you can adjust the flexibility level).

http://www.amazon.com/ASO-Ankle-Stab...ords=ASO+Ankle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you recommend ankle brace like, Aircast model, for Achiless tendon pain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London_Player View Post
    Do you recommend ankle brace like, Aircast model, for Achiless tendon pain.
    I'm using Aircast on both ankels after tearing both ankle ligaments (left, right foot); it's really good for stabilization of the ankles and has prevented me from rolling my ankle once again, but I can't recommend it for Achilles tendon pain, as it just stabilizes the ankles (just the "sides")... Sometimes I feel Achilles tendon pain, too, although I'm wearing the ankle braces regularly...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got an ankle sprain about 8 weeks ago. Started playing again 2-3 weeks ago with an aircast a60 and last thursday it saved me from another sprain. I had never used an ankle brace before and it hasn't bothered me at all. You don't even feel it's there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5