ns 6000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ajintom, May 17, 2010.

1. ajintom

ajintom Regular Member

student
    hi
    i bought an ns 6000 strung at 21 lbs...after i started playing with it , (i am an aggressive smasher)i felt my smashes are'nt going as hard as my isometric 25 DF which was strung at 24....

Is it ok if i sting my ns at 23-24 lbs though the recommended measure on the racket is given as 17-22 lbs ....

Will it affect the racket????

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    It seems a curious decision to buy the NS6000 (the most head-light racket Yonex make) if you consider yourself "an aggressive smasher".
    In spite of being a much more expensive racket, it will probably always lack power compared to the Iso 25 DF, simply because it's *so much* lighter.

Anyway, stringing at 23-24lbs will void your warranty, but apart from that, it's perfectly fine - many people routinely string at much higher tensions without issue. It's just that Yonex don't like to replace rackets under warranty, so they give their rackets unrealistically low recommended tensions.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah, why didn't you buy a Armortec, if you are an aggressive smasher, the At600, is head heavy and flexible. (it's has the same flex as Ns6000, but head heavy)

On the subject of tension, NS6000 is fine at higher tensions, I have a freinf who is using NBG95@27lbs, no problems for him.

4. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

I would have gone for the NS7000 instead of the 6000 main reason is that it is more "head heavy" in comparison. Any ways you should be fine with it at 23/24lbs

5. ajintom

ajintom Regular Member

student
  6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Defensive doubles, front court doubles players. I think Gao Ling used it before she retired

7. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    I trust you didn't actually buy it from that Ebay store, because those are all fakes that he's selling.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Agree with other posters - NS6000 is an extremely odd choice for a smasher, being both head light AND Yonex's most flexible racket:confused:. Also agree that you should try an AT600: roughly the same flex but significantly more head weight...

There's a big difference between what tension Yonex will let you use and what the racket can actually cope with; 24 lbs should be perfectly fine at 3U. I've played my old Arc 10 (3U) at 32 with no problems at all.

9. ajintom

ajintom Regular Member

student
    athletic tape

wat if i put athletic tape on the head to make it head heavy....

pls reply...........

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

You could do that, however that would defeat the purpose of buying the most headlight racket in the Yonex Range wouldn't it ;)