Vancouver tournament Feb.

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by 15Love, Jan 17, 2003.

1. 15Love

15Love Regular Member

software developer, lab tech
    Hey all you Vancouverites
    The Lower Mainland Badminton Association is running a tournment in mid February. The entry forms are online at http://www.lmba.ca/
    See ya there!

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    horrible pop-ups on the website

i really wish some organizations would pay the few bucks to get hosts that don't put the readers through pop-up hell.
    took some getting to registration form. then there is that stupid site tracker ad popup.

3. txyu

txyu Regular Member

Manager Fitness Facility
    If I go to this tourney, any fellow badmintonforumers willing to house me for the weekend? I think I'd only play doubles but I'm not sure yet...maybe singles...depends on what shape I'm in.

4. txyu

txyu Regular Member

Manager Fitness Facility
    oh...also, the tournament says it's a closed tourney yet anyone who is a member of Badminton BC can enter...so what would the difference between Open and Closed be?
    Is this like a district tournament? If I play in this closed tourney, I can't play in another one? I'm originally from Ontario so I'm not sure of the rules around here.

I suppose I could email the tournament director but everyone here is so knowledgable and will respond faster.

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Txyu,
    I believed that the closed tourney is only open to residents living in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver. I am not sure how they verify your residency (whether it is by your address on the entry form or by the address as when you registered with Badminton BC).

You can always get around this requirement by changing your address (or registering using a Lower Mainland address). :D

6. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    still thinkin rather to join or not... i haf already missed out arbutus and southside...damn...need money....

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    if you were planning to join a junior b but couldn't afford the southside, you can forget about this one. the cost is higher and this is an adult tournament.

although there are many juniors that do participate. Most of the participating juniors are in the vrc performance program or have been competing nationally. Several of them do quite well, but is still a very tough competition for them. Hard to say the turnout.

The cost is $25 for the first event, 10 for the second, 5 for the third event you sign up for.

There is still time to sign up for the southside. there will be group from my guildford training program that will be competing. It is very fun, and low cost. There are plenty of prizes and draws to make things rewarding and fun! I would really encourage you to attend this one.

8. 15Love

15Love Regular Member

software developer, lab tech
    Actually, quite a few of the top juniors will be away at the Canada Winter Games at that time.