need to know where should i go to become a pro badminton player

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by hazwan, May 18, 2010.

1. hazwan

hazwan New Member

student
    ladies and gentlemen, hye ;). my name's hazwan. i'm 17 years old and i live in penang,malaysia... i juz need to knoe where should i go to become a pro badminton player. i mean to join the national badminton squad..,.any advise???. Well,., i am taking part in badminton coaching.....

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hai there Hazwan,

In aswering your question " where should i go to become a pro badminton player, i mean TO JOIN THE NATIONAL BADMINTON SQUAD"...one should go and make his way up through certain level/phase.

The road starts from representing your district first in a state level tournament. Here, if you play well, you will then be selected to represent your state in a Inter State / National level tournament. In this Inter State/National level tournament, if you play even better then you have a high chances to enter BJSS (Bukit Jalil Sports School). BJSS select their athletes via 3 methods which includes talent identification program, scouting and recommendation from National Sports Council / Association. By playing well at this high level tournament, there will be a high chances that you be spotted or recommend to enter BJSS.

Once in BJSS, the road to represent National squad will starts. Here, you need to excel well against your collegue at the National level tournament (MSSM, Sukma, National Junior Championship, State Open etc) to impress the National Junior Squad Trainee and selection committee that you have the what it takes to don the national shirt....and if you have it....... then you can start to join BAM as a Elite backup.

At this level, if you make our country proud by playing very well in National and International level (winning gold, satellite, Super series tournament........thrashing Lin Dan:), whacking LCW, toiling Chen Jin.....and also super thrashing Wong Choon Han. Hafiz, Arif, Liew Darren, or whoever there is still in our elite backup / main team where no good results being produce for decades........and also thrash fairurizuan for me also o.k;))..... i can't see that there is any logical reason for you not to represent the Elite Team @ National Squad! (...and if you do achieve this...please...please....motivate other national player to bring back the Thomas Cup too will you.................and again please thrash fairurizuan again during your training..)

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lol. good one. Fuzzy is in Taiping, so you can play in taiping open with me in december and hantam him. Many penang state players join in as well including alan tai. Perak state players also join in. At 17, I regret to say that you may be a bit over the hill, however there is still a chance if you can spring some surprises within 2 years. ideally you should dominate the state at the age of 15. You have to join many local tournaments in penang and kedah and perak (nearby). You need to become top 3 in the state to make it. Selamat Jalan. ;) I hope you run up penang hill every day. Once you can conquer the hill, you can then come to taiping and try maxwell hill; steeper. After that you can try gunung tahan. ;) So you playing in taiping open in december?

4. shooting stroke

I agree with extremenanopower, age is also a stumbling block...but hazwan....nothing is too late in badminton, also Datuk LCW is a late bloomer same as our senior Foo Kok Keong, but still they manage to represent Malaysia and achieve numerous accolades achievements.

At this point, you need to have a high level of self discipline and urge to always wanting to improved and humbly absorb critics to improvised your gamplay so that the best will come out of you. Frequently involved and persistently come out top in any of your matches/gameplay/tournament/competition/friendly matches/kenduri kahwin and birthday party/circumcission ceremony/fifa world cup gathering...........(sorry......got carried away there:p)..will ensure you will be always motivated to be the best of the best of the best of the best of the best (...... you can repeat this continously if you want). So.....rather than just glued here exhausting your wrist energy......why not YOU GO OUT AND DO SOME DRILLS WILL YOU!!!!:):)

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lol good one. There are lots of circuits in each state. Do call the ba for the schedules. Not surprisingly u may need to slog for 10 tournaments before reaching 2-3 round. Depends on draw luck as well. So 'jgn tunggu lama2.' work hard and intelligently and all shall prevail. Ps. Pls buy me ckt n laksa n cendol if u win. Boleh? ;)

6. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    erm,ehem,for me its actually hard to find state tournament,im eager to enter one of the competition,and want to represent malaysia to bring back the thomas cup....but the putrajaya badminton association is the most weaker association in malaysia,so i guest i cant represent malaysia if i cant beat the number one MSSM player from KL..=)

7. shooting stroke

That is actually the challenge shahkiz. Regardless from which association you are from, or even you are in Nusa Mahsuri and coach personally by Datuk Misbun, it still won't guarantee that you can be a better payer because it is only through how you perceive Badminton from the point of mentality, determination and the will to continuously improve yourself will actually mold you to become a better player.

Similarly like any other states in Malaysia where a lot of new good states player level are now emerging, like Federal Territories that constitutes three states i.e Putrajaya, K.l and Labuan makes the ticket to represent F.T even more challenging and on top of it, F.T is represent mostly from talented players from KLBA. If you sincere to don a national shirt, then start train hard and beat them as to be the best is to beat the best;).

8. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    i really want,but the putrajaya association training is not enough,they train a people 3hours a day,in 3 hours including shadow play 20min,shuttle drill(20 shuttle) 20 min,sparring 30 min and extra just play with other..For me its not enough.MBA training is better that this..sadly i say,my friend that represent putrajaya during MSSM lose under 10 with KLBA player.(My friend currently no 1 singles putrajaya)..

9. nazreeevo8

nazreeevo8 Regular Member

clerk, badminton coach
    Salam...

How to be in the national squad? it seems shooting stroke explained well for that question...to be a good player, u need to be good tactical, skills, mentally strong, phsically fit etc....u need to set specific target but realistic e.g to be state champion in one year time..

10. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    thnks to shooting stroke for motivate me..even though its hard to train,me and my big body keep on training..

11. paulking

paulking Regular Member

Network Engineer
    so,lets start the training guys..who wants to play everyday with me?..haha..currently m working in intel penang...jus join ths forum..to have some people sharing the same passion wit me..^^

12. paulking

paulking Regular Member

Network Engineer
  13. shooting stroke