Yehlex and Hi Qua shuttlecocks any good?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Cheass, May 19, 2010.

1. Cheass

Cheass Regular Member

Accountant
    Has anyone heard of yehlex shuttlecocks? I think they are mainly used in UK and other parts of Europe...i haven't heard of them here in Asia (maybe because no one sells them here)....are they any good? good brand?

Also wanted to know whether Hi-Qua shuttlecocks are any good...there ain't alot of comments about Hi-Qua on the forum...

Any feedback is welcome!

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    My club used Yehlex Tournament last year.
    They had good performance & slightly below average durability, and were very cheap - so for the money, they were pretty decent shuttles.
    Unfortunately, the price went up significantly and they no longer represent value for money (we found we could get Ashaway Int'l 500 cheaper).

In my experience, shuttlecock prices seem to vary a lot, so it's usually just case of shopping around for the best deal at any given time. It's not worth being too loyal to any one brand.

3. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

Hi Qua red's are better than RSL Tourney No.1 (IMO). The durability is the same or better. The feeling is better.

4. Bcalchess

Bcalchess Regular Member

I find the feeling of Hi-Qua is what lets them down slightly. They have excellent durability and flight but IMO the feel on impact is different, duller and less satisfactory to other top Brands like Yonex & Aeoplane. Yehlex shuttles are fine & reasonably good value for money although I have not bought them in over a year. Again this is my opinion & totally subjective I have not tested them side by side or anything.

5. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Yes I agree with these comments. The feel on impact is due to the cork used. I believe the Yonex and Aeroplane shuttlecocks use more expensive cork than the Hi-Qua. However one can't really complain given the price difference between them. Hi-Qua are definitely worth a look if you're after an affordable shuttlecock.