wilson BLX force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gundamzaku, May 21, 2010.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have been playing badminton seriously for a few years and i am 32. i've played badminton since 4th grade and gotten a bit more serious in high school but it wasn't until recently when i decided to get a coach to help with my improvements.
    most of my rackets are Yonex, with a few Carlton, HL, RSL, Hi-Qua, Prince, and Wilson. it is easier for me to find a racket from yonex that feels good to me since i've tried out and own mostly yonex. my problem is that i would like to change brand just to see what else is out there. obviously i have not tried out every brand, those i have not listed i have not tried.
    i've recently bought the wilson blx force for doubles and initially i loved the way it handles, very similar to my nanospeed 9000 and 9900. however, as i played with it more and more, i felt that the racket itself is not as solid as the yonex. the tension/string are the same so i don't think it's the string. maybe it's in my mind but i have already paid extra attention to the way it feels in my hand. then again the blx force is not one of wilson's top end racket so maybe i shouldn't jump to conclusion so soon without trying other wilsons?
    is there another racket from wilson which is a great doubles racket that i could try which gives a solid feel?
    i've also bought the K factor phantom which is more of a singles racket according to the website. it's a cheap racket, but hitting with it it also felt cheap. any better suggestions for a singles racket, k tour?
    basically i'm looking for one singles racket and one doubles racket from the wilson BLX line so any suggestions would be appreciated. and if my way of analyzing the rackets' performances is incorrect in anyway, please make suggestions on how i can change the way i see them to be more objective and fair. thanks!

2. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

I would love to try the new BLX models, especially BLX Vertex, but they are not available in HK :(

3. geokos

geokos Regular Member

You can try Wilson K factor K Lite if you manage to get one. Since they have stopped mentioning it on the Wilson website I guess they could have possibly stopped production. But the K LITE from my experience is a very good doubles racquet. Good on defense and not bad for attack. You can browse my thread "Wilson Badminton Racquets" for more info.

From my reading of the wilson website, the Wave BLX seems to be a close match to the K Lite racquet. But I haven't used it so can't say much. But I think someone has given a review of it on my thread. For info Jonas Ramussen who has just won the All England Mens Doubles uses the Wilson Vertex BLX.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    thx for the suggestions, i will definitely look into a higher end wilson racket in hopes that the quality will also go up as well :)