User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 44
  1. #1
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default ANNOUNCEMENT : Avatars!!

    "you must be kidding me?"

    i know. i have refused to enable avatars in BC from the very beginning.

    from what i have seen in many other forums, the presence of Avatars really clutters the layout. however, i have also seen cases when the size is limited, it helps personalize each member.

    so i was convinced to enable it as an experiment. i hope everyone will use it and be civil with it. if we any type of abuse with inappropriate materials, we will have to revise the policy.

    it is only 60x60 in size. please don't ask for more...

  2. #2
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    gosh.... i am sure there will be silly ones.

  3. #3
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    we will find out.

  4. #4
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    test... test...
    hmm... a bit small. cant even see the water drops.

  5. #5
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    test... test...
    hmm... a bit small. cant even see the water drops.
    what water drops?

    i know, a bit small, but i don't want to make the title bar larger.

    you can be creative with 60x60. a water drop will fit into 60x60.

  6. #6
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it is stated 50X50 only. now the panel is on the left instead of top.

  7. #7
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    it is stated 50X50 only. now the panel is on the left instead of top.
    ops. 60x60 now.

    moved the panel to the left to save some vertical space.

  8. #8
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the introduction avatars is to commemorate the release of Avatar: Special Extended version in cinema???

  9. #9
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ops. 60x60 now.

    moved the panel to the left to save some vertical space.
    damn... where is my moon shot? let me dig it out and set to 60X60.

    anyway to make the left panel tighter? seems only able to read 1 to 2 posts max. longer posts, need to scroll more.

  10. #10
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    the introduction avatars is to commemorate the release of Avatar: Special Extended version in cinema???
    and no, it won't be in 3D.

  11. #11
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,149
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    damn... where is my moon shot? let me dig it out and set to 60X60.

    anyway to make the left panel tighter? seems only able to read 1 to 2 posts max. longer posts, need to scroll more.
    hm... i think that's the tightest it will go.

    all posts in this thread has avatar. so far, i think it is acceptable.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks a lot, kwun. This is cool.

  13. #13
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question ANNOUNCEMENT : Avatars!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i know. i have refused to enable avatars in BC from the very beginning.

    from what i have seen in many other forums, the presence of Avatars really clutters the layout. however, i have also seen cases when the size is limited, it helps personalize each member.

    so i was convinced to enable it as an experiment. i hope everyone will use it and be civil with it. if we any type of abuse with inappropriate materials, we will have to revise the policy.

    it is only 60x60 in size. please don't ask for more...
    .
    Testing, testing; 1, 2, 3
    .

  14. #14
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's weird...I can only see other's avatars when I am not logged in...

    Edit: Found and edited my profile settings. Now I can see avatars even when I am logged in. Hooray!
    Last edited by lcleing; 10-04-2010 at 06:33 AM.

  15. #15
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    what water drops?

    a water drop will fit into 60x60.
    since your eyesight cant see the water drop, can you see the moon now?

  16. #16
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Why quarter moon?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    since your eyesight cant see the water drop, can you see the moon now?
    .
    Why quarter moon? Why not full moon?
    .

  17. #17
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice work dude...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can't view avatars or sigs
    By Easy Tiger in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 8
    : 10-24-2009, 03:09 AM
  2. Avatars and signatures...
    By RacketlonCanada in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 3
    : 02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
  3. Avatars... without slowing things down
    By bigredlemon in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 9
    : 02-26-2003, 11:15 PM
  4. Avatars... without slowing things down
    By bigredlemon in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 12-16-2002, 12:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •