Chinese Shuttlecocks are fail

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by NoRice4U, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Hello to all reading this post. I am assume those reading this post is like intermediate to advance players who takes the shuttlecock seriously ie: Able to afford good quality shuttlecocks for a quality game in social.

Not sure if any one has encountered some cheap shuttlecocks <$10 with a thin feather end and like 3/4 of a feather. The cork is heavy but the feather region is extremely light.

I know a few in Melbourne who play with Aeroplane Elite Grade EG-1130 Feather Shuttlecock, Apacs Aero 700, RSL.

I'm sorry to say i dont know the brand of those really poor quality shuttlecocks because i heard they are imports from China and the stickers are probably fake or they impose another manufacture.

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I'm not sure what you mean but there are definitely fake shuttles out there. Fake shuttles are most definitely "fail" because why would they be good in the first place? They're meant to be "fail" in a sense.

However, most popular brands of shuttles are manufactured in China no? When you say "Chinese Shuttlecocks are Fail", I find it misleading to a certain extent. Do you mean manufactured in China or is it a Chinese brand?

#2 ryim_, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  3. druss

druss Regular Member

Maybe it's the english here but... do you mean that Aeroplane are "really poor quality" or that the "ones you've heard of" are really poor quality?

I've played with the Aeroplane before and they are mostly fine for social play.

4. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    So... What is your suggestion for shuttlecocks in Melbourne?

5. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Aeroplane and Apacs Aero 700 is good its like border line to $20, and by the fare outside $7 or $10 for JTUltra.

This lady just introduce some really s*** shuttlecocks to the host and now the host bought like 100 dozen of em T.T (wont be going there for a while)

The lady that introduced is said they are from China in the sense they are manufactured and are chinese brand because Chinese products are cheap but really poor quality.

I am assuming the shuttlecocks are <$10 because before they bought it off this person for $10.80 which is chinese brand, he stated that the QinaHua University uses that as well. They are still poor but better than the one the lady brought.

The one she brought in is like really light at the end the the feather isnt 1 whole piece its like 3/4 so less air resistence.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think it is ridiculous to over-generalize and say "Chinese shuttlecocks" are bad because you have issues with one particular unknown brand.

95% of the shuttlecocks in the world are manufactured in China, including the best ones like Yonex and Aeroplane. there are excellent ones, good ones, as well as bad quality ones. you gotten one bad ones doesn't mean everything is bad.

thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.