High Tension On Head Heavy Racket (MP55)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angelus_2012, Jan 20, 2003.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

Is it better to add extra tension e.g. 25lbs to my MP55 due to its head-heaviness? because some may say that your racket might feel 'dead' because i am not that strong yet to use 25lbs. although i thought that the MP55's head-heaviness *may* help me to gain power rather than light-head rackets which may feel really *dead* for me.
    So my question is, due to my MP55's head-heavy feature :) will extra tension e.g. 25lbs may be responsive.. (not *dead*)?
    because i kinda noticed that when i string high tension at light-head rackets, it feel kinda hard, stiff when you hit the shuttle.
    what do you think?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not sure how other people feel but when my skill wasn't so good, 25lbs felt as you described - hard and stiff.

After playing more and learning how to time striking the shuttle better and making the impact cleaner, I don't have this problem.

Answer to your question is probably 'yes' but if you are referring to smash, you may need to start the swing slightly earlier than usual.