Gamma Badminton Specific Side Supports

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by singnflip4life, May 24, 2010.

1. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice from the stringing masters of these forums.

I have a Gamma 600ELS with a 6 point Quick Mount system as shown here:
    http://www.gammasports.com/gamma.cfm?product=2256

The machine is a very good one, requires minor calibration here and there, but I am very demanding in terms of precision and accuracy with my tensioner. And while it isn't a constant pull (more like a auto-retensioning crank), it is very consistent and almost always very accurate. The build is very VERY solid (weighing 80+ pounds when shipped to me), and I have almost no complaints.

Unfortunately, the one complaint that I DO have is a very very big one. My side supports are HUGE. Perfect for the few tennis/racquetball/squash rackets I get in for stringing, but majority of the rackets I get are badminton, and bulky=bad :crying::crying::crying:

They are long and jut out on top and bottom of the frame, so block both my fixed clamps and my Yonex flying clamps and HQ-style flying clamps. Its getting irritating how far away I have to clamp from the frame (sometimes over an inch which amounts to two or three crosses or mains away).

Does anyone have advice on where to get new compatible side mounts that wouldn't cause these problems?

2. KingO

KingO Regular Member

RN
  3. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Thanks for the reply KingO. His is the SC mounting system. Slightly different, but the side supports look to be almost the same. No I don't have the extensions. Were those a custom make or can I order them from somewhere?

4. KingO

KingO Regular Member

RN
    try to contact someone atssports.com, they're the online store for GAMMA

#4 KingO, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

they have a specific for badminton when you buy Gamma machine. it should comes by default.
    it is only 1 piece of plastic for each side-support (total 1 x 4 = 4 pieces), and you should change it manually.

alternatively, you contact Gamma directly.
    I bought from them last year for my Eagnas Flash 737E (it has similar side-support), and it works.

6. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Aye, I looked up the current Gamma catalogs and behold, there they were.

I bought my Gamma second hand from a tennis stringer, so there were no badminton supplies included. I will be contacting ats sports to order directly and see how they work out, along with custom Gamma N/S badminton supports.