Paris

Discussion in 'Europe' started by ross, Jan 20, 2003.

1. ross

ross Regular Member

Looking for a place to play in spare time while on business in Paris.

2. mlvezina

mlvezina Regular Member

The only place I know of in Paris is the Racing Club de France. Their main location is near Invalides (Duroc subway station) on Eble street. They also have another site in the 17th district but you need to go to the main site to pay for a membership card.

I believe you cannot simply rent a court per the hour...You must pay up for a whole season, pass a medical exam, etc.

Cheers,

Mike

3. ross

ross Regular Member

thanks, but I just go there a few days at a time. Looking for a drop-in place to play

4. martial

martial New Member

IT engineer
    play badminton near Paris without membership

Look for a "forrest hill" centre nearby Paris, like in Nanterre (east of Paris) or Ivry sur Seine (south west of Paris)
    you can play for a price around 7.50 euros / hour

As far as I know, there is no way to play badminton in Paris intra muros except via a club membership.

5. froilanlicaros

froilanlicaros New Member

Hey martial,

Are you a member of badminton club here in paris? Is there any place or gym that i can play badminton without being a member? Or how much is the membership fee if ever i will join? Is there a club for non-french speaking? i will stay here in Paris for three (3) years and i need some outlet. thanks.

6. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    bonjour!!

the only for you is to join a club like us ,martial is also a parisian club:
    we are ASPTT paris if you like to play tomorrow night call me at 0142607547 or 0680056856 MING,we have a gym near bastille and gare de lyon 6 courts.
    MING lamcm@free.fr

7. froilanlicaros

froilanlicaros New Member

thanks

Ming,

Thank you very much for the information and for inviting me, i can't call you right now because im still out of town.. is it possible to play during weekends? Again, Merci Beaucoup.

8. MING PARIS

restaurant owner
    yes

would you like to play this saturday evening from 9 to 14H pantin near porte de aubervilliers!you can directly mail me at lamcm@free.fr MING

9. colinr

colinr New Member

Journalist
    If anyone struggles through this and can offer any suggestions, I'd be grateful

I moved to Paris a year ago and joined the Racing Club. Fine old building in the rue Eble off Bv des Invalides (7th) but rather unfriendly, non-club sort of atmosphere. No pegboard, little mixing, just tight groups of peopel who arrive together and aim to hog the same court all evening. see 3 on a court and they'll likely say a fourth is on his/her way. I met another lone indivudual on my first visit and we were able to play. As the evening wore on others came and joined
    but only if their groups were starting to break up. More than once I have left without getting a game at all. Standards varied from beginners to just above lower league (UK) level. I'd put myself as a reasonable. competitive club standard player, no higher, and I am 20 years ahead of most players, but would have struggled with few of those I saw on my visits
    At the RCF offshoot site (rue de saussure in the 17th), it's much friendlier but also much poorer general standard. Also, you can trail out there and find only two or three others have bothered too
    Does anyone know of a club where, based on the above, I might be welcomed? I am realistic, but also willing to put in the effort.

10. MING PARIS

restaurant owner
    If you like to join our club:ASPTT PARIS BADMINTON,come and take a look first ,
    can you play on saturdays morning :202 avenue jean jaures Pantin métro
    fort de aubervilliers line7 ,my tel 0142607547 or 0680056856 lamcm@free.fr
    for saturdays come before 11H45 because I have to go to work ,
    as I said to froilan come and see ,
    of course R C F got a big réputation but they are not too friendly, and quite expensive for the fees ,hope to see you on saturdays,MING

11. colinr

colinr New Member

Journalist
    Thanks , Ming for that response. i am on holiday for the next two saturdays but will take you up on it. Does the club meet only on Saturdays (and if so at whcih times) or on midweek evenings, too?

12. MING PARIS

restaurant owner
    I don't mind if you contact me in direct,tonight we have 4 court from 19h30 until 22h at pantin ,can't go because I am working but if you want you can call me at 0142607547 ,MING

13. Jaguar

Jaguar Regular Member

I'll be in Paris next month for about a week. Any places to play? Thanks