User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 58
  1. #18
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HTH is still young I think. shd have future if he slim a little and get the experience to perform more consistently.

  2. #19
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    HTH is still young I think. shd have future if he slim a little and get the experience to perform more consistently.
    I think he is 24, same age as TBH, no longer considered really young.
    This pair can still improve but if no good result in INA and Singapore SS we should pave way for Chan/Lim and Mak/Tan but cancelling Hoon/Ong and Fuzzy because the Mak/Tan and Chan/Lim are younger and still got room for experience. Not to mention I think this two pairs are better players with more potential. Of course Mak/Tan has to prove their worth by hopefully capturing a GP later... or at least final appearance.

  3. #20
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HTH/OSH shows that they are not consistent pair yet...

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    HTH is still young I think. shd have future if he slim a little and get the experience to perform more consistently.
    oh ya
    if 24 is young
    then tbh shouldn't get so much critic and bash as he is only 23
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    HTH/OSH shows that they are not consistent pair yet...
    erm,
    see it in another point of view
    the victory over lyd/jjs is the only upset they did

  5. #22
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They need to spring more upset in the singapore and indonesia open

  6. #23
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We shall see first... no good judging them just from their poor performance at the India Open in one match, just like how some judge them form a good performance at the Malaysia Open in one match. After the Singapore and Indonesia Opens, then maybe they will be more fit to judge!

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    We shall see first... no good judging them just from their poor performance at the India Open in one match, just like how some judge them form a good performance at the Malaysia Open in one match. After the Singapore and Indonesia Opens, then maybe they will be more fit to judge!
    this is funny
    there is more than 40 tournament that they participate until now
    and just because of the victory against lyd/jj made people feel like they are decent
    lol

  8. #25
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    oh ya
    if 24 is young
    then tbh shouldn't get so much critic and bash as he is only 23
    lol



    erm,
    see it in another point of view
    the victory over lyd/jjs is the only upset they did
    are you sure thats they only upset they did???

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    We shall see first... no good judging them just from their poor performance at the India Open in one match, just like how some judge them form a good performance at the Malaysia Open in one match. After the Singapore and Indonesia Opens, then maybe they will be more fit to judge!
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    this is funny
    there is more than 40 tournament that they participate until now
    and just because of the victory against lyd/jj made people feel like they are decent
    lol
    more than 40 tournament wow...so much????
    not decent? care to list out beside KKK/TBH, which MAS pair beat LYD/JJS before???
    maybe some said is lucky punch....

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    are you sure thats they only upset they did???
    more than 40 tournament wow...so much????
    not decent? care to list out beside KKK/TBH, which MAS pair beat LYD/JJS before???
    maybe some said is lucky punch....
    u can list out ALL if u want,or they does have

    then i think cho hyo jin must be pretty decent as he beat lindan
    only park sung hwan and lee hyun il did that before from korea
    i dont see korean fans are so high and say choi hyo jin is decent

    to help u
    here is the link
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...CD0&player=160
    for hoon,try to count how many super seires,gp gold he attend
    and how many title he won

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...CD0&player=159
    this is for ong
    try to count how many super series,gp gold he attend
    and how many title he won
    Last edited by limsy; 06-14-2010 at 03:45 AM.

  10. #27
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i still rate Choi Ho Jin as good player no matter what...
    he won EA gold....everyone rate Kenichi Tago as decent and great
    player after AE 2010....did we overrate him???
    I think he is good and decent....but like most players, consistency is the
    main point....

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    i still rate Choi Ho Jin as good player no matter what...
    he won EA gold....everyone rate Kenichi Tago as decent and great
    player after AE 2010....did we overrate him???
    I think he is good and decent....but like most players, consistency is the
    main point....
    hmm
    anyway
    i do hope they do their best in ina open and sg open

    different between kenichi tago and ong/hoon is
    kenichi tago is only 20
    and he beat many top class player to enter final
    ong/hoon only beat lyd/jjs
    Last edited by limsy; 06-14-2010 at 03:57 AM.

  12. #29
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i thought 40 tournaments for both players as a pair..
    you mean total for each player thats different case....
    anyway i did see they beat Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu before
    i think that is an ok effort....although i never notice that before...

  13. #30
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hmm
    anyway
    i do hope they do their best in ina open and sg open

    different between kenichi tago and ong/hoon is
    kenichi tago is only 20
    and he beat many top class player to enter final
    ong/hoon only beat lyd/jjs

    the debate will never end if we use so many parameter to compare....
    the case is HTH/OSH is an ok pair lar...
    but not established pair yet...not consistent and age is catching up....
    as mentioned. i can only hope they can create some upset here and there
    they failed miserably in India Open, thats a fact...

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    the debate will never end if we use so many parameter to compare....
    the case is HTH/OSH is an ok pair lar...
    but not established pair yet...not consistent and age is catching up....
    as mentioned. i can only hope they can create some upset here and there
    they failed miserably in India Open, thats a fact...
    Yes, consistency is the word,....they need to be more consistant, not just creates some up sets...in future...

    They shd lessen their body weight (both of them)to be in a better condition to performs in international tourney..

  15. #32
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes...Zakry and KKK also...all overweight

  16. #33
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think HTH/OSH only upset 2 top pairs so far... they are : JJS/LYD and MB/CM. However, these two... I don't think they'll be going anywhere in the last 2-3 years of their career... we shall wait for the Singapore and Indonesia Opens then we can tell whether they should be sidelined together with Fuzzy, or can expose a little longer.

    danielwong, if you say CHJ is a good player, then TCS must be a good player too? lol...because TCS defeated CHJ in CHJ's home open.

  17. #34
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ..imo, the only difference between Fuzzy pair and OSH & HTH is the number of titles between them (for Fuzzy, both SS titles in 2008, partly with several top pairs missing in preparation for the 2008 OG); and another one in 2003...but from what i've seen from Fuzzy pair, i think they've reached their peak, so we might as well expect them to perform with the same inconsistent results from here on out..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hoon Thien How @ Ah How ( 雲天豪 )
    By danielwong in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 541
    : 04-20-2014, 01:31 AM
  2. Chong Ming looks forward to fruitful partnership with Hoon
    By Dreamzz in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 10
    : 01-11-2007, 02:15 AM
  3. Chong Ming looks forward to fruitful partnership with Hoon
    By bchaiyow in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 01-04-2007, 07:41 AM
  4. Youngsters Lim Kenn-Yew Thien sneak into main draw
    By ants in forum Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005
    Replies: 0
    : 07-05-2005, 11:40 PM
  5. ong ewe hock
    By chin_stanley in forum Singapore / Indonesia / Malaysia Open 2003
    Replies: 7
    : 08-22-2003, 04:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •