New Gosen Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, May 27, 2010.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Roots Aermet Blaze, Aermet 9500 Power, Aermet 9500 Speed, Aermet 6900 Pro and the Samurai rackets Ryoga Tenbu and Issen

Attached Files:

2. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    Issen looks awesome. Too bad I'm too poor to get one :p

3. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Is it available in Honly JB? Don't seem to see shops in Singapore carry Gosen

4. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

6900pro & blaze

just got those last week. comparing the two, the pro is stiffer and more head heavy than the blze. very easy to use, and the two kickpoint design works well. gosen grip shape, being slightly more rectangular than square, also fits my hand better than others brands.

both models are fairly all-round rackets.

5. breaL

breaL Regular Member

i though the gavun is kinda old....but the Ryoga seems new...how much is the price?

6. BadminAddict

BadminAddict Regular Member

Engineer
    Is there a place to buy New Gosen racquets online? I'm in California, USA and local stores have things over 4 yrs old.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, can anyone provide us with the retail prices of these racquets?

8. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    ditto Dreamz. would be nice to know the price in RM, since i stand a better chance at coercing my dad to get me one rather than saving for half year :p

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    These are the retail prices (in Thai Baht) in Thailand before 15%-30% discount (discount varies from shop to shop)

http://www.parrotsports.com/

1.RYOGA TENBU ราคา 5,900.-
    2.RYOGAISSEN ราคา 5,900.-
    3.ROOTS AERMET BLAZE ราคา 4,930.-
    4.ROOTS AERMET 9500 POWER ราคา 4,630.-
    5.ROOTS AERMET 9500 SPEED ราคา 4,630.-
    6.ROOTS AERMET 6900 PRO ราคา 4,430.-

10. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

I am thinking of getting either Issen or 6900pro. My current favorite racket is Victor SW35.
    I like stiff headheavy racket with short handle but not as headheavy like new version AT700.
    I'm leaning towards 6900pro but I also like the aesthetics of Issen.
    I am also curious at the M40 H.M. Graphite. What difference would it make in terms of playing?
    @Sealman - do you have any of these rackets?

11. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

my blaze broke last night!

:crying::crying:

the shaft became misaligned with the handle after a hit. so when i held onto the frame to turn and align it with the handle, the shaft cracked right above the kickpoint.

i hope the shop will give me a new one when i bring it in.

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Not yet but am planning to make a trip to Bangkok :D Do you know if these models are already available at First Sports or Siam Paragon? I own a 6900 Boonsak but am game to try a stiffer Gosen racket.

The Samurai rackets look interesting. Found a review here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?84269-Gosen-Ryoga-Tenbu

13. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

Sorry, I have not been there since the red shirt riots. You know these places are close to the conflict zone. :( It should be fine now.
    However, my friend told me First has already got these rackets. Not sure about Paragon. I suggest First Sports would be better for a bargain ;)

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Does anyone share the same view that the frames of the tenbu and issen are very similar to RSL racquets but with nicer paintjobs? :)

15. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    i just bought gosen 4900...

16. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Played with a brand new Gosen Ryoga Issen today albeit for 1 game only because racket wasn't belong to me. Strung with Gosen R4X200 at 24/25 lbs and again this tension is a little too low for my liking.

This is one of the best racket I've tried so far and instantaneously I got a very solid repulsion feeling generated from the shaft. The joint co-operation by 3 different companies in Japan in producing this racket (carbon materials by Toray, shaft by Seiko rod and of course Gosen itself) really produces an amazing result out of it.

The closest I've tried so far in term of overall feel is Victor BS10 and BS11 but when it comes to the racket set-up (bp to weight ratio to shaft stiffness), the Issen has the perfect combination. The lack of head heaviness and shaft stiffness issue complained by some BS10 & 11 series users are well addressed on the Issen.

What really caught my attention was the feeling of the shaft that when you play a baseline-to-baseline lob, it was so solid that it did not even give you any hint of "hollowness" that exist on even some very good high-end rackets in the market.

Also bear in mind that I played with the type of set-up which were not suitable to me!

Because of the short period of playing the Issen, I cannot comment further on other areas like net play, defence and maneuverability as this wouldn't give an accurate account of it. Anyhow I really enjoyed the experience the least to speak.

I rate my BS11 a 4.5 star out of 5 with the BS10 on a slightly higher rating but the Issen is up there with the Victors if not better based on first hand experience respectively. It is a tad more stiffer and head-heavier than BS10

The specification is as follow: 3UG5 weight 88gm, flex stiff, head heavy balance (298mm) and designed for power play.

17. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Gosen Ryoga Issen

Played with a brand new Gosen Ryoga Issen today albeit for 1 game only because racket wasn't belong to me. Strung with Gosen R4X200 at 24/25 lbs and again this tension is a little too low for my liking.

This is one of the best racket I've tried so far and instantaneously I got a very solid repulsion feeling generated from the shaft. The joint co-operation by 3 different companies in Japan in producing this racket (carbon materials by Toray, shaft by Seiko rod and of course Gosen itself) really produces an amazing result out of it.

The closest I've tried so far in term of overall feel is Victor BS10 and BS11 but when it comes to the racket set-up (bp to weight ratio to shaft stiffness), the Issen has the perfect combination. The lack of head heaviness and shaft stiffness issue complained by some BS10 & 11 series users are well addressed on the Issen.

What really caught my attention was the feeling of the shaft that when you play a baseline-to-baseline lob, it was so solid that it did not even give you any hint of "hollowness" that exist on even some very good high-end rackets in the market.

Also bear in mind that I played with the type of set-up which were not suitable to me!

Because of the short period of playing the Issen, I cannot comment further on other areas like net play, defence and maneuverability as this wouldn't give an accurate account of it. Anyhow I really enjoyed the experience the least to speak.

I rate my BS11 a 4.5 star out of 5 with the BS10 on a slightly higher rating but the Issen is up there with the Victors if not better based on first hand experience respectively. It is a tad more stiffer and head-heavier than BS10

The specification is as follow: 3UG5 weight 88gm, flex stiff, head heavy balance (298mm) and designed for power play.