Badminton playing places (and possibly active senior players?) in Downtown Montreal ?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by missbaggio, May 29, 2010.

1. missbaggio

missbaggio New Member

Hi there,

I currently live in downtown montreal (close to GUY metro) and looking for places to play around downtown area (ideally accessible via bicycle at least), where there are hopefully some active senior players. I have checked out the downtown YMCA that is close to the PEEL metro, the courts look OK while I get the impression that the ceiling could have been higher. Yet the times I passed by, I saw mostly amateurish players there (well, I am no way close to professional but still expect some actions better than I saw there).

From what I have read throughout the posts regarding badminton places in Montreal, I wonder if it would be different, i.e. the condition of the court, the seniority of the active players there, at the YMCA at Chinatown? I think I would also check out the Clue Atwater these days.

Thanks for any information/suggestion, and possibly anyone who would like to play together.

2. KraziexViet

KraziexViet Regular Member

hey,

there is a badminton club with a lottt of active seniors and pretty good courts downtown @ sacred heart high school, its a couple minutes from guy concordia metro by bicycle. its notopen in the sumer but its open i think twice a week during the school year..

http://www.ndgbadminton.com/french/index.php

that's the website above.

3. missbaggio

missbaggio New Member

great thanks for the info. Didn't check my post for a couple of days coz I have been out of town. The place surely sounds nice and I would definitely check it out when summer is over.

Btw, somebody has referred me to the ecole de technologie superieur de l'universite de quebec (ETS), located at 1100 rue Notre-Dame Ouest, intersection of rue peel and rue notre-dame west, rather easily accesible in summer with bicycles. Their sports center does have nice courts and opens every weekend. I have taken a membership card for 4 months there.