Weight, Manouvoerability, Durability (MP77 vs MP55)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by angelus_2012, Jan 21, 2003.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

Ok, I'm started to get into the racket frenzy moments, when I examine each rackets review again and again including MP77, Iso 800, Ti-10, Ti SP and Cab23...
    Now, I'm only interested to know about MP77 (a very powerful and controllable racket)

Is MP77's head is much heavier than MP55?

Some say that the MP77 is very easy to swing, how does it compare to MP55?

Is the MP77 much durable than MP55?

I end this with a 'Thank You'

2. ronk

ronk Regular Member

The MP 77 and 55 come in the same weights 2U and 3U so weight should not be a problem. The MP 77 is 1 cm longer but has better control and power. I like the MP 99 the best of the 3. I just got to try my MP 99 yesterday and it is very powerful but with control.

Ron

3. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day,

You will find MP77 a heavy racket that takes a bit of oomph to swing fast but it packs mighty power. Unfortunately it is also difficult racket to use when it comes to delicate shots such as net drops.

From my experience, MP77 and MP55 is very close in head weight but if you measure it accurately, MP77's balance point is actually less head heavy than MP55, probably because of the extra 10mm in length. For some reason, it is also less durable than MP55.

If you are leaning towards Cab23 / IsoTiSPs I would agree with Ronk to go with MP99 as it is quite powerful with much superior feel and control than MP55/77. On the other hand if your priority is to smash holes thru the net and your opponent, MP77 will be your best choice. ;)

4. ronk

ronk Regular Member

It might be the strings as I have BG 68 Ti on my MP 55 and MP 77 and Gosen Bioguts Thomas Cup special on my MP 99, but the MP 99 plays differently from the MP 77. The MP 77 is a typical racket where power is generated by a fast swing. The MP 99 is a wristy type racket, where it is easy to generate power with a wrist flick. As such, the MP 99 is powerful without the need for a very hard swing. Both the MP 99 and MP 77 can generate powerful smashes but with slightly different technique. The wrist flick at the end of a smash is crucial for generating power with the MP 99 but a hard swing is not necessary.

Ron

5. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

thanks guys for the info...
    wow! MP99 is what a great racket but i only had my eye on the MP77~

6. flipinese_azn

flipinese_azn Regular Member

none
    i think the mp 77's head is much lighter then the mp 55's overall the mp 77 is by far the best mp racket...and its juss pretty much the same as the mp88 and a little bit of weight difference...but if u want ur money's worth it for an mp racket 77 is the way to go from my perspective:D

7. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I was checking out the prices of the MP 55, 77, and 99 when I was in Malaysia a week or more ago. The MP 55 is under MYR 200 and the MP 77 is about MYR 250. The MP 99 is ridiculously expensive at MYR 580. I can see why you would prefer an MP 77 to a MP 99. The MP 99 is not twice as good as the MP77 so go with the MP77 unless you have disposable cash or you enjoy collecting rackets (like me). Use BG 65 or BG 66 with the MP 77 and you have a good racket. You might want to try the Gosen BS 68 Bioguts. I do not like the MP 77 with BG 68ti but I do not like BG 68ti.

You can get good racket prices in Pertama Complex. Either racketworld or Ekatoh are good bets for the MP 77.

Ron