Special Stringing instructions to your stringer?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by London_Player, May 31, 2010.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Hi Guys,

I've got Arc 10 but I feel the factory tension is a bit low, so thinking of re-stringing to say 22LB but my worry is that the stringer would just re-string it normally without knowing the Yonex recommendation on how to re-string the Arc 10. So I might not get the full benefit of Arc 10? What do you think? Does it matter. I'm thinking of taking the Yonex catalogue to the stinger's shop, so that he could see thier recommondation.

2. pyshuttler

pyshuttler Regular Member

3. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

as long as the stringer is a decent one, they should know how to do it correctly.

of course, go to the well-known one is always the safe bet.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    unless the stringer is really out of whack, there isn't really that much difference in the way one can string the ARC10. that's of course, given that the stringer is decent and know what he is doing. don't go to any department store and expect good quality stringing.

5. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

When you give it to them be specific and ask them to do it. Also it will help if you the stringing pattern looks like. If they do it wrong demand that it is done correctly under your consumer rights.

6. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Thanks guys.

I was worried about the stringing pattern for Arc 10, so I took my Yonex catalogue to show him. Otherwise he would have just given me an 'average stringing pattern'. Not sure much it matters with the particular pattern that Yonex recomend?

7. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

Yes it does from what I've heard any ways is if the rackets breaks due to stringing and the correct pattern is not used the warranty will not cover it.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Although any reasonable stringer would find it impossible to impose the normal 5-pattern on a 3+2 frame like the Arc 10, I have, sadly, seen it done. Indeed, there are pictures of an AT900P on BC somewhere that had its single holes forcibly turned into shared ones. Painful...

Unless your stringer is obviously an utter, utter dingbat he will know what to do:).