1 string method on drop weight machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by LazyBuddy, Jan 22, 2003.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just wondering whether is a good idea to apply 1 string method on a drop weight string machine.

My string machine is 2-pt support, drop weight, w/ 2 clamps. Personally, I think it's doable, since I can use 1 clamp to hold the main (long side, short side already tied up) when main strings are done, use the second clamp to hold the 1st cross, while pulling 2nd cross. It might lose a little bit tension here and there, but didn't we say we want to get lower tension on the "edges" in previous threads?

While, did not try that yet, hope ppl can give me some more suggestions. So far, all the rackets I did on my machine are 2-string method, just feel like to try something new, but don't know whether it should be fine or not.

2. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    It should work LB, I did that a few times when I first started to string. I just string using the two string method now instead because it is just easier for me. you don't have to deal with the really long piece of string on one side. :D

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    2-string method is my 1st choice now.

However, I do have a Prince Thunder and potential wise will deal with the new satellite synchro in the future. Both of these are "1 string per hole" designs. Therefore, it will be relatively harder to find proper gromments (since most of them are tiny 1 string gromments) to hold 2 strings to make the tie.

I guess I will use the Thunder to do some practice this wkend or something.

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    i would suggest you use an old racquet or personal racquet to learn how to do one-string. this way you can experiment and work out your own method without fear of damaging a customer's racquet.
    this may sound like a waste of time and material, but better the old racquet gets screwed up, than to be rushed doing a poor job for a paying customer.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Thanks for all ur suggestions. However, I did not charge anyone for my string job yet, just ask them to provide their own string, though. They are my friends, and I am still a rookie. Also, most rackets are my own, since I have 8 now... hehehehhe...

I will surely get some practice on either Thunder or even the crappy metal one I used to practice string. Maybe I can figure out a better way to prevent tension lost while switching from main to cross...

So, seems my description of procedures are reasonable to u?

6. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

I had 8 racquets at the start of last year .... :(