Should I moving from my APACS 5U to APACS 4U???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vodude, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    I own APACS nanosuperlight which is 5U-2G and have use it about 1 year.
    Now a just bought APACS nanotech700ltd (copy of Yonex AT-700 ltd) which is 4U-2G and have use it about 2 weeks.

Many of you would say that this APACS superlight 5U is way to light, and I agree with you. Its very light weight, so better in defence / drive / net-play, its bad in smash / loop / clearence, etc. Until now, I feel this superlight racket the power smash seems can not be improve due to its lightweight.

The nanotech700ltd with 4U I believe its standard, not to heavy like 3U. I feel that the defence / drive / net-play / backhand not as good as the APACS light weight, but for power in loop / clearence is good also the smash power I feel that I can improve my smash with this racket.

Until this day, I am still can not decide which rackuet should I use..
    Should I keep using my ApacsSUperlight? Or should I use APACS nanotech700ltd and try to master it?

Mannnn.. so confuse.. :crying:

2. erictung

erictung Regular Member

Couple of questions,

Are you a defensive or offensive player?
    Def = APACS Super Light = YOU LEIK NET SHOTz?
    Off = APACS Nanotech 700 = You LEIK TO SMASH!?!

If you have lessons, or you practice often, I would say use the Nanotech 700 and start working on your defence and net plays. Since generating power from the super light would require a lot of strength power.

But 5U LOL first time I've heard of it.

3. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i agree..

btw, there're already 6u rackets in the market..VERY EXTREMELY few models

4. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    Hii,
    Thanks for the Input :)
    I dont have lesson, just play, but play 5 times a week from monday to friday.
    About I am being Offensive or Defensive, I think I am a defensive because my friends/partner always yeild on me that I dont smash if theres a chance..
    Yesterday I still keep try the Nanotech700 but somehow I find it could improve my smesh as long as i improve my power, also yesterday my smash with Nanotech700 always stop at the net, while my smesh with Superlight always cross beautifully alittle above the net.
    Also the way I play, I dont really like to use power for kill/point smash, I prefer smesh the cock to an empty area.
    Maybe I should force my self to keep use/practive with this Nanotech700 or better I bought another superlight?????
    Mannnn.. I hate new racket.. :(

5. erictung

erictung Regular Member

IMHO, you probably need a racket that's slightly heavier (at least 4U, maybe 3U), and a racket that is more even balanced or maybe even a little bit head heavy for the raw power.

That's option 1 for the "costly" method.

Option 2 is, try to work on just smashing drills. Maybe for five minutes, have your friend/partner feed you birdies and you smash straight back at him. One main keep point is that when you make contact with the birdie, your forearm should be STRAIGHT and it should end off in a full swing movement. (May sound confusing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QlW8_PdYbw

I'm showing this video because you've said that you don't have lessons, and I'm assuming this should help because I have lessons and with all the different rackets I've tried (it's not that many XD, about 5+) I never really had a problem smashing with different rackets if I have the proper technique.

Sorry for long post and.. big space because I don't want you to be overwhelmed by all the words XD
    Good luck!