Hey people! Newbie in need of help!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by NessA, Jun 1, 2010.

1. NessA

NessA New Member

Student
    HEY GUYS & GALS!
    First off, i'd like to introduce myself. I'm Nessa (short for Vanessa, duh!) from Singapore. To be honest, i'm not much of a badminton fan but i recently got into it because i just happened to watch the All-England final with my bf (who's a BIG fan, he plays for the school team as well but that's besides the point) so from then on i've been really intrigued by badminton and my current favourite player is Kenichi Tago from the All- England Final! Haha I'm a sucker for dark horses and his dedication and skill impresses me.

So here is my problem. (I'm not sure if this is breaking the forum rules or anything because its not in the right thread or smth) anyways, basically i want to watch the Li Ning Singapore Open but i'm kinda confused about the event. My bf who shd know is in Taiwan now on a school trip but he will be back for it. Well, we want to first watch the preliminary rounds and the official website says its on the 16th and 17th of June . How would i know which is the day of Men's singles? And how would i know which court KT is playing on? against who? i've seen the draw, i think its the doubles draw? Is there such a thing as a singles draw? Is KT even playing in the preliminary rounds? Also, the tournament is like btw 15th-20th June or smth, are they seriously going to squeeze all the men, women, singles, doubles matches in the span of 5 days? Is it possible? LOL

Please excuse me for my stupidity for i am stranded trying to get the right tickets with no help from my disappearing act of a bf! HAHA :p PLEASE HELP ME!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!
    btw, i've joined many forums in my time and i love the comprehensive layout of this!! ;)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, NessA (Vanessa)!:)..For your inquiry about this yr's S'pore Open tix purchase, which court will KT display his speed, the draws etc., please hop on over to the 2010 Tournaments section and look into the 2010 S'pore Open sub-forum. Should be plenty of infos for you there to answer most if not all of your queries; if not, you can poke at one of the BCers to give you the infos..good luck!:cool:
    Anyway, visit us often!:cool:

#2 ctjcad, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  3. NessA

NessA New Member

Student
    hey thanks for the reply. i will check it out but whats a BCer? :confused:

4. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    Badminton Central-er :p

5. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Warm welcomes to NessA!! :D

Enjoy your time here, and please visit us often!
    Thanks for joining!

If you are ever in need of places to play in S'pore, just check the Places to Play subforum.

Have fun! Best of luck with the future... :D