Another string method

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by LazyBuddy, Jan 22, 2003.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Some one showed me this racket, the way it strung kinda different than the normal ones, hope I can describe it clearly here:

1st, let me name all the "holes". Vertically, I name the left as A, and right as B. The 1st hole left of T joint is AB1 (Bottom 1), and 1st hole right of T joint is BB1. The 1st hole on the top for center main string is AT1 and BT1. Therefore, AT18 and AB18 met as the middle of left side. BT18 and BB18 are next to each other on the right side.

For regular string method, when I string cross, I just go through each pair of adjacent holes, and back and forth. For example, after string go through AT10 then BT10, go through BT11 then go back to AT11, etc.

However, this racket has the following pattern in the middle section: After AT12, BT12, it goes to BT15, AT15. Then, come back up to AT13, BT13, BT14, AT14, AT16, BT16, etc. Therefore, in the middle section, there are 2 pieces of extra string cover all the holes.

Is this method a better way to apply more even force on frame? Or, just a stupid method which is useless but waste string?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry... sorry... Suddenly found out I don't know how to count anymore. The pattern is:

AT15, BT15, BB16, AB16, AT16, BT16, BT17, AT17, AT18, BT18, BB18, AB18, AB17, BB17, BB15, etc

Therefore, the 2 long pieces are between BT15 - BB16 and AB16 - AT16.

3. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

This is the pattern Yonex showed in their catalog. You need to have a machine with fixed clamps to do this pattern. I have been doing it that way my last few rackets. Can't tell any difference!

:D