Just treated knee, shoulder, Achilles, elbow

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Kiloo, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Hello Everybody

Just let u all into the latest treatments I had. I have been investigating PRP/Prolo ever since I found out about this here on this forum and had a fixed idea on: "I WANT THIS".

Cut a long story short, I got it in Singapore and flew over to see the Dr.

1-The knee was the priority, so it was the 1st treated. The Dr proposed Arthroscopy and explained the procedure. This was done under GA. The cartilage of the femur was damaged and he cleaned it up, and stimulated the bone to generate fresh cartilage. A painless op more or less and u walk home afterward. I got pictures of the interior of the knee. Fascinating. Got a free chk of miniscus/acl etc. Now to see how this works will take 2-3 weeks. I say give it 4 before we start training again.:D:D:D

2- The shoulder is the 'long-head-of-biceps' tendon. It is always SORE after play, lately even with ice and anti-inflams it was still painful after 2 days:crying::crying::crying:. AH!! This one the Dr gave it a PRP treatment. It is very slightly painful but will heal over 2-3 weeks. However the effect of the tmt will last for 6 weeks.

3- Achilles and Throwers elbow tendons are also sort of permanently sore :crying:. This was treated with prolo and shock wave therapy. The theory is that tendons may calcify and the shock wave is to 'break up' this (like kidney stones) and ease the healing process. This treatment is a bit painful even with the local numbing:cool:. However guys (gals) the tendons the next day were absolutely pain free and from then on still the same it's a week now. This one is short of a miracle. The healing process is about 2-3 weeks again to complete.

So all in all I am very happy and will b happier once the knee shows total repair. The whole process is more or less painless (except on the purse:D:D). Anyone who wants more details can PM me or just stretch this thread from here.
    Cheers
    Kiloo

2. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

hello bro i am too from singapore.

it is sad to hear u went thru so much pain.
    just wanna advice you , the correct way to prevent injury is to do stretching.
    hope u dun recover soon and stay healthy.