Li-Ning N90, Yonex Armortec 900 or APACS NANO 900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Smithy88, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    As my last racket i am looking for just all out Power. I have my Fireblade Elite but would like a second fairly similar as i am going for 2 Power, 2 Control (All head heavy) and 1 Even in balance and game, which is my Vapour Trail Elite. I've decided on my 2 control rackets so now need to decide my other all out power.

Which one of these gives the best overall with the best string tension for the job?

Thanks

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    many kind of power out there, what kind u like?
    tell us about your play style

3. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Well my major strengths are at the net, i have very quick reactions so i attack the net a lot during a game. Thats why i am looking for a light racket that will still give me a good amount of power. Around 84g as the light ones i want are 76g+3 and the others i have are 86g+3

The weakest part of my game is my backhand like most which is why good clearing is important.

As i said i would like something that is light and easy to move as i find i see shots and instinctively attack the net. So along those lines not a too stiff of a shaft.

As i said i have one of my power rackets, my even balance for an all around game and worked out 2 control rackets just need one more power and i can't choose.

I like the feel of head heavy rackets, i have more control and i see the Armortec slightly more than the NANO but i can't find the balance point of N90?

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i havent tried n90 b4 but i have to guess it should play similar to yonex AT700.
    sounds like AT900T is better for u since u attack at the net alot.
    u should look into a 3U/4U AT900T, 4U AT900P

5. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    So far this is what i have found (All mid/head - head heavy)

Power: Carlton Fireblade Elite & (either) Li Ning N90 or Yonex AT900

Control: APACS Super/Lethal Light & (either) Arcsaber 8DX or LI Ning Ultra Carbon 2300 (as its super light)

Even: Carlton Vapour Trail Tour

6. yan2511

yan2511 Regular Member

The balance point of LN -N90 is 300mm in unstrung.....if stringed it may at 295-298 mm..thx

7. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    ln 90 is a very powerful racket, providing the user is at a standard where the shots played have no problem. also, strength to wield the heavy 3u

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

if you don't want a particularly stiff shaft, then you shouldn't even consider the 8dx.

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

how is stringing going to make a balance point move towards the handle? :confused:

10. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    I have whittled down the list

I have my Elite which i am going to string to 24lbs for my singles racket. Then my Vapour trail elite is on its way strung to 28lb, this will probs be my backup doubles racket or for playing mixed as i won't need it at the net so much. I will soon (so excited) have Panda Power T2! Weeeeeeeee..... Which will be my doubles racket.

I am not sure on it but am still looking at the APACS Lethal Light for a few people i play with who don't play the net as i do so i want one where i can take the net and get some nice touches.

Though at some point i am still thinking of replacing the Elite with the N90, though which would be more forgiving. The elite has a stiff shaft with around a 290-295mm balance point. Though would not want to go higher than this on a stiffer shaft.

11. slicE

slicE Regular Member

student
    n90 unleashes tremendous amount of power. It could allow you to hit to the ends of the court easily without much strength.

But since your strength is at the net... its better to get an all rounded racket.

12. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Well i am thinking about it as a singles racket really. I am having my Carlton Fireblade Elite strung to 24lb, with the new grip its on the heavy side of 84g so want to flex the strings a bit. Might stick with that and work on my smashes then move up.

13. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    hmmm... If you're currently using a head heavy racket and your backhand problem still unsolved... Sorry to say that i suggest you to practice proper technique, sharpened your skills. Using a right racket with improper technique won't solve the problem. Technique does matter. Practice hard

14. malaysiaboleh

malaysiaboleh Regular Member

manager
    wht racket similar feel like armotech 900p

what racket similar feel like armotech 900p.

15. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    Li Ning N90 maybe