Wrist ache - cab21

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by cab21khronos, Jun 5, 2010.

1. cab21khronos

cab21khronos New Member

Student
    Am getting a lot of wrist pain and my arm shivers after playing 4 games. Am using a CAB21sp and am not able to get used to it...im not an expert...does this happen to everyone? what do i do to build my wrist? please help

2. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

3. BriceLeverdez

BriceLeverdez Regular Member

Study
    I remember i had a wrist tendinitis at a younger age. The exercise was to forehand clear again & again, exhausting when you begin this game. I forced too much despite fatigue, you dont feel it when you play but when your hand+wrist become cold. It lasted 3months.

4. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I heard wrist curls don't really help for badminton.... try power ball (aka gyroscopic exercise tool), really works your forearms as well :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerball_(exercise_tool)

you can also try wrist tensors (not the rigid one that goes over your whole hand, but just the one that looks like a wrist band but with velcro). my wrist pain was not that severe (it was painful, but no damage), but use the tensor for awhile, and once you build up your muscles, you can go back to normal

5. Yong Hao

Yong Hao New Member

I had this problem when I switched to a lighter racquet. It was the work of the devils I tell you. It tempted me to use my wrist for everything, especially my retrieves. The problem was solved after I consciously made an effort to use my forearm more and less of my wrist. I also used some of Paul's wrist exercises, which I find helpful as a warm up prior to playing.