Passing of Legendary UCLA Coach John Wooden

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by jamesshieh88, Jun 6, 2010.

1. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    Hey all,

I'm not sure how many of you follow basketball, let alone college basketball in the United States. One of the greatest coach and person to have ever lived, Coach John Wooden, passed away on Friday June 4th. As a student at UCLA, it was quite emotional for myself and many other students when we all gathered in front of the hospital where John Wooden had passed away.

If you've never heard of John Wooden before, I ask that you take the time to look up this great man and his many accomplishments as an athlete, a coach, and a person. I believe we should all strive to become great individuals and use John Wooden as the ultimate example.

For more information about his passing, you can read it here. http://www.dailybruin.com/articles/2010/6/4/legendary-coach-john-wooden-dies-99/

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

in some parts of the world, some people wouldn't hear or know of this man til this news came out..But glad i'm here in the states, got to follow his legacy & his accomplishments..What's more, his life was more than a basketball coach legend..
    RIP, "Wizard of Westwood"..:cool:

4. denewboy

denewboy New Member

this is the guy from "you haven't taught until they have learned". inspirational