real or fake arcsaber z slash

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by theonemastaaa, Jun 7, 2010.

1. theonemastaaa

theonemastaaa New Member

serial - 8788647
    manufacture date - 160410SP
    sadly i think this racket may be fake but ill just give this a shot, i dont have much time to post any pictures for now but just going to give this a try first, first thing is that there is NO yonex sticket above the pbsi logo but there is a genuine sticket on the racket i would like to know if this could prove that the racket is fake or not if not i will try again next time thanks.

2. nutbad5981

nutbad5981 Regular Member

elementary grade tutor
    Hello. Welcome to BCF.

Well, the manufacture date suggests that your racket is a fake one. 160410SP = 16th day of April, 2011 and the present date is June 2010. The zero 160410SP does not mean 2010. Only the first five digits tells the date.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The 5th digit shows production year is either 2011 or 2001, so unfortunately that Arc Z is a fake.

4. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

my serial number on my z-slash is 8750809
    and cone code 110992SP is that real ?

5. thejym

thejym Regular Member

We can't say for sure whether the cone code that follows the typical DDMMYXXX format is actually valid. We can only say that if it DOESN'T follow that format, it's a fake. You would need to contact Yonex to find out whether it's real or not.

6. drew tze en

i think it is real but reading all these forums make me think if mine is fake
    the bag is made out fabric not plastic
    (i got mine at a shop) the racket wasnt strung
    the hologram sticker is hard to take off (yonex said fake yonex rackets the hologram sticker will come off easily)
    i have checked everything to see if it fake but what do you think (with the info above)?

7. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Well a cloth bag or plastic bag can be put on any racket, so that isn't any indication whether it's real or not. Is this a trusted shop? One way I like to test rackets is to have them strung at higher tensions. If they can support it, they're either real or are well made fakes (but then it's not a big deal right?).

8. drew tze en

Alright
    what does it mean if the racket can/can't stand a high tension?
    well at the moment the racket is performing really well !!

9. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Well fake rackets tend to be made to only appear like the real deal, but are not of the same quality as a real racket (if they ARE the same quality, and the fake is cheaper, then you might as well get the fake right?). Real Yonex rackets, while they often specify "recommended tensions" of up to 24-25lbs, can actually withstand more than that.. up to 30lbs or more if strung properly. I think up to 27-28lbs is enough to determine whether it is fake or not (or a good fake). But it's not worth getting concerned over if you feel that it's performing well.

For a lot of people (in particular, beginners and low-level intermediate), using a top end racket has more of a placebo effect than anything else.

10. drew tze en

yer my racket says recommend tension 24-25lbs