suggestions for a new racket??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by flipinese_azn, Jan 24, 2003.

1. flipinese_azn

flipinese_azn Regular Member

none
    hey im thinking of getting a new racket...anyone have any suggestions to as which racket would be best? price doesnt matter...and im usually a singles player...small in size and fast around the court...any suggestions??

2. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    where do u live and how strong would u say your arm is... that might generate some more replies

3. flipinese_azn

none
    LOL...hmm i guess it would maybe....Calgary canada....how strong i would say my arm is? how do u tell ppl that????

4. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    If you want small and quick. I would suggest AirBlade 1000 if you can still find those.

5. flipinese_azn

none
    i prefer yonex's lol..i juss kinda adapted to thei rackets

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

you should really try carlton racquets. i switched from a cab 23 to a ti-10 to an airblade 900. i prefer the airblade 900 over the others at the moment.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If u like the MP seriers, and price is not an issue, try MP99. So far, did not hear too many neg. quotes about this racket, but all positive ones regarding to power, control. The only complain seems to be $$$ and fragile in certain cases.

If u want to try something new, maybe a cab20ms 3U. Much cheaper, and excellent all around racket.

8. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    check out the Market place forum :)

9. rlue

rlue Regular Member

looking
    I would suggest to try a raquet before buying .....if possible....
    From my experience I have found raquets to be such personal things.(grips,feel, shaft flexibility, weight, strings!)
    The most expensive racquet is not necessarily the best for your style of play(wrist power,etc....)

Listen....but trying is still the best

10. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I heard alot about the MP99 but after testing one for 5mins from a member here, it takes alot of precision to master that raquet. It seemed if you don't hit in the center, it will tend to vibrate. I don't know whether this was entirely the raquet or just some bad strings (I don't understand how this could be the case as if you hit in the center it is a deadly weapeon).

I think it would be a toss up between the MP77 or the MP99.

But seriously, find what raquets fits your skill best and stick with it. Just because it works well for someone else doesn't mean it is going to make you a god.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Isn't that true for almost all the rackets?

U have to aim to the "sweet spot" to generate the most power and accuracy for ur shot. That's why we spent all the time to practice swing and timing. It u hit the bird using the improper spots or even frame, of course ur will get nothing good, but vibration.

12. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I realize that but it varies from raquet to raquet. MP99 being rather stiff makes the game harder on intermediate players such as myself.

Of course you want to hit in the center all the time and that will never happen most of the time for intermediate players therefore it may not be such a good choice. Perhaps the MP77 or MP55 would be better.

13. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    The person said he/she wants a quick racquet! And so far in this forum most people have said that MP77 feels sluggish and I agree too since I have used it. If he/she wants a small and quick racquet, I suggest a MP88 or a TISP SR.

14. flipinese_azn

none
    hi everyone...thanks for all ur suggestions after all the reviews and stuff from other threads...i've been thinking about the cab 20 muscle...hmm im trying to get the 3U but im not sure in canada...i'll ask about that...and how high can the string tension be on the cab 20 muslcE???? thanx

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Unless u think u r really good, and being able to control it, don't go above 22 or 23 lbs. Personally, I think for intermediate or blew, 20 - 22 is surely enough.

16. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

i think i'd go with the cab 20 ms too. What tension are you hoping to have on the racquet? Your not planning on going over like 26 are you?

17. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

What do you play, plastic or feather? It is recommended you don't go over 22 for plastic or maybe even feather as you won't have the power to utilize that type of tension and it might feel as if your strings are dead.

I strung mine at 22lbs/22lbs because I would imagine that over sometime that the tension would pretty mcuh wear off so you have to think long term unless you're thinking about buying thin strings that may break easily.

18. flipinese_azn

none
    oo well..nope i wasnt thinking about going over 26...but can the racket sustain that much??? haha alright...i was juss thinking 20 - 22 somewhere there...and hmm...i use plastic i havent tried feathers yet...i heard they break pretty easily...hmm ya ok well ya i'll prolly end up getting the cab 20 muscle then....thanx for all the details!:D

19. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

MP 99 stiff? Not really, stiff is Ti10, MP 100 or ISO 900 SX. MP 99 in my book is not much more than medium stiff.

20. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Well put it this way, much more stiff than I'm used to LOL.

Medium stiff is still considered stiff and MP100 may be extra stiff so that's going beyond stiff. ;)

Yodums