Playing with 2 racquets at one time / Switching hands in an ongoing rally

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by paroxysmal, Jun 16, 2010.

1. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I have been through some other threads on similar topics. Just wanted someone to clear my queries which I still have :-

1) I am a right hand player. Can I switch the racquet to my left hand in an ongoing rally while playing a backhand, so as to convert it into a forehand?

2) Can I play with two racquets at a time, one in each hand?

Thank You.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

While not stated explicitly that only one racket is allowed, all the rules about the equipment state "the racket" not rackets.

As for switching, that is completely legal, but not recommended.

3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Actually I saw a guy doing that quite successfully. Of course, it's hard to switch hand when returning a smash or driving, .... But for high clears to his left hand side, he switches to his left hand and able to smash it back.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

The only problem with smashing with the left hand is that if you get a hard drive return you don't have the time to switch back to the right before it get's to you leaving you with making a weak return. Not saying that it can't be done but you can only go so far doing it.