Yonex ST-250 is equivalent to Eagnas ST-250, Truth or Myth?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by blindfury, Jun 20, 2010.

1. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

On Eagnas website, Eagnas ST-250 and Yonex ST-250 are shown side by side, highlighted by a big price difference, then it reads...

"Yonex is not the stringing machine manufacturer. Basically Yonex imports the stringing machines from the stringing machine factory."

Is it implying these machines are almost if not exactly the same, in terms of quality, mechanism, etc?

How credible is this statement?

source:
    http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen2/yst250.html

2. druss

druss Regular Member

I would not be surprised to find out that the Yonex ST-250 is not actually made by Yonex but rebranded. This is no big deal, happens all the time. Whether they are both made in the exact same factory I wouldn't know.

One thing to keep in mind.... read the feedback on Eagnas, especially the US location. Terrible service. Check their BBB rating, as low as you can be.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

"Yonex is not the stringing machine manufacturer. Basically Yonex imports the stringing machines from the stringing machine factory."
    Yes, YY and many other companies use OEM on parts for their crank machine. ie tension head.

Is it implying these machines are almost if not exactly the same, in terms of quality, mechanism, etc?
    Eagnas also manufacture machine for other companies but not YY. Your suspicion is correct that Eagnas is trying to imply the machine is the same while they are not. Eagnas copies Yonex machine on the spec. In term of quality not even close. If you are asking the tension head mechanism, they are similar in design. If you talk about the holding arms and other, they are same design.

FYI, If you ever see a Yonex ST250 stringing machine, you will understand why it is more. It come with a complete stringing kit for all your badminton stringing need. Eagnas does not come with any good fly clamp... Yonex come with a nice carry on case while Eagnas come in a box.

Basic Eagnas did not lie. So no one can take them to the court.

#3 silentheart, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  4. Valentinas

Valentinas Regular Member

consultant
    Yes, Yonex is not a string machine manufacturer. I had a chance to compare a Yonex (st-250) and Eagnas machines (st-250) - they are different in terms of quality. The construction is the same - but, for example, the stringing table tilts significantly more on eagnas.

PS. if we are talking about day-to-day experience: I am owning a pro's pro challenger II. It is eagnas - I do not remember exact number desktop model.
    I have made that changes to my machine to be happy :) :
    I have sanded the bottoms on the posts - to have a better stability (posts had a "rotational play": side-to-side.
    I have changed the side supports - I purchased additional narrow supports for badminton and used a really BIG wrench to secure them in place. One of the shoulders was too short to reach the badminton frame - it was solved after replacing the standart K-side supports with badminton ones.
    I have changed the tensioner - standart one was cutting the string. So I replaced the standart one with stringway tensioner with a lock.
    I have switched from eagnas badminton fixed clamps (3 tooth) to universal clamps (5 tooth).

Now it is OK - but you still need to remember to push fixed clamps to place - othewise they are moving and loosing the tension.

It is up to you - to choose a cheaper model or not :)

5. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking to for.

my god, you have quite a dedication in the tweaking your machine, kudos to you!