Do certain strings perform better with certain racquets?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BadNewbie, Jan 28, 2003.

1. BadNewbie

BadNewbie Regular Member

School
    I just re-strung my Black Knight Aero Pro with BG-85 and I had BG-65 on it before. I seem to be playing much better now with the racquet. I know that strings can sometimes affect how someone plays but can different strings affect how a certain racquet performs?

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Yes it all depends. It usually depends on the user's opinion. Not everyone will like the same strings, some may play better with the BG-65 and some may play better with the BG-85 etc.

The string is a major part of the racquet. You can look at it this way: The racquet isn't that complex. There's the racquet itself, grip, and strings which can be a part of your game play and very well affect it. Now, when one of these are changed, they can very well enhance your game play or hurt your performance on the court.

Yodums

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It surely do.

that's why a lot of ppl cut the manufacture default string (most are cheap ones) after they purchase their rackets, and re-string it with high end string base on their own preference.

3,4 yrs ago, when I first purchase ProKennex Kinetic ULX, it came with ProKennex manufacture string (which got a reputation of "waste"), the string was thick and loose. Soon after, someone just re-string for me, with BG65 @20lb, then I suddenly found the difference, and found out my game quickly got boosted up to another level.